Shuttle Explosion

by RR 11 Replies latest jw friends

• RR
    RR

My sympathies go out to the families of those lost in the shuttle explosion.

But you think with all the billions the Society has they would have a message of comfort for these people.

A full page ad in the paper, a short spot on the telly. They pride themselves on be God's people, why don't they show it?

RR

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

For them, it is a sign of the times and nothing more.

As a human, how can they read the bios of those courageous people and not be stirred? Something that I'm happy to have as an ex-witness.....passion for humanity.

I swear, I read the NYTimes this morning, reading the bios of the people, and it is heartbreaking to see so many triumphs lost on this event.

ash

• ISP
    ISP

I wouldn't count the WTS out of it too soon. Its not too late for a special addition Awake or though I guess they will be waiting for the Iraq conflict to kick off.

ISP

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello RR,

sorry for the extremely sad news...but this tragic things

do happen without notice. Btw, about the attitute of the

WTBS Inc., they.. didn't move for those beheaded in the

Filippines and all those who are still captive. Yet they have

the possibility, the money...it is quite simple:

they don't care it is not their own life .

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

• JH
    JH

I wouldn't want to be the next to go up in the shuttle. Every time they had a perfect mission, it was a miracle, because there are so many things that can go wrong.

• ISPY
  • Roo
    Roo

As I was driving to work last night, it was a very sobering thought as I drove past the freeway signs which normally warn us of dangerous road conditions or traffic information. Last night they read " Please call police with any information regarding space shuttle debris". All I could think about were the people that were on that shuttle and my heart goes out to the families who lost their loved ones .

• foreword
    foreword

It surely is sad to see such intelligence die in the name of science. I've always viewed astronauts as non-arrogant and down to earth people. which makes it even more tragic to me.

It takes a lot of guts to sit in the space shuttle for lift-off and re-entry.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

The WT bastards WILL put out an article, and its form will be something along the lines of : failure of human governments, the unique "personal" JW angle - sister So-and-So witnessed to one of the astronauts the day before lift-off, and she just "knew" she had to preach with urgency - and so on and so forth...

• Roddy
    Roddy

RR >> My sympathies go out to the families of those lost in the shuttle explosion.<<

Hear hear! My sympathies also to those brave explorers that seek to expand Man's knowledge.

>>But you think with all the billions the Society has they would have a message of comfort for these people.

A full page ad in the paper, a short spot on the telly. They pride themselves on be God's people, why don't they show it? <<

About three months from now I'm sure there will be a "timely" Awake cover article about it where they will use the shuttle explosion as a dogma vehicle for any single number of their common teaching points.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit