JW logo and symbolism

by Illuminated 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Illuminated
    Illuminated

There's a recent thread regarding the JW indoctrination expressed on the net, particularly Instagram. From an outsider looking in, I noticed this when looking through JW Instagram profiles. It came off super cult-ish and robotic along with similar wording used as though everyone, male or female, is a Stepford wife (watch the movie for those who haven't seen it). It was a bit creepy.

I wanted to bring attention to JW's being against symbolism. Why do they have the corporate looking logos plastered all over the place? It's symbolism in itself, is it not? So why are they against symbolism that includes humans (other religions) yet not against symbolism such as a blue square with letters that's reminiscent of the corporate "worldly" world or Scientology?

Ironically, the square box shape of the logo is very much like it's members trapped inside a rigid box, unable to step outside of it due to the fears/phobias. Interesting note on the psychology of color, blue in this case:

"Dark blue: trust, dignity, intelligence, authority"

"This color is one of trust, honesty and loyalty. It is sincere, reserved and quiet, and doesn't like to make a fuss or draw attention. It hates confrontation, and likes to do things in its own way.

From a color psychology perspective, blue is reliable and responsible.

This color exhibits an inner security and confidence.

You can rely on it to take control and do the right thing in difficult times.

It has a need for order and direction in its life, including its living and work spaces."

"Negative keywords include: being rigid, deceitful and spiteful, depressed and sad, too passive, self-righteous, superstitious and emotionally unstable, too conservative and old-fashioned, predictable and weak, unforgiving, aloof and frigid. It can also indicate manipulation, unfaithfulness and being untrustworthy."

http://www.empower-yourself-with-color-psychology.com/color-blue.html

http://www.colormatters.com/the-meanings-of-colors/blue

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

"Dark blue: trust, dignity, intelligence, authority" - yup, that's exactly how I'd describe the Org to a non-J.W.

Antithesis springs to mind!

• Illuminated
    Illuminated

The Searcher, I see it as an intentional branding method, targeting and luring people in from all angles. Scientologist play on this color in their branding as well. Ironically, the negative aspect listed in the keywords, fits both cults.

• Dissonant15
    Dissonant15
    That jw.org symbol is nothing more than another version of the cross or a Jesus fish to me, and it blows my mind how people embrace it.
  • A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer
    Every religion uses symbols to appeal to people and their emotions. Symbols mean something to people. It's also part of the new makeover in trying to become more modern and appeal to outsiders. They probably think that outsiders will wonder what JW.org is all about and search it online.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Yes, this is not the same religion anymore.....
  • mana11
    mana11
    Color therapy is the work of Satan.
  • steve2
    steve2

As JW.org ascends, stylish and new, , Watchtower logo fades, imprisoner and freighted with failure.

In with the new, out with the old.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "I'm blue, daba-dee-daba-die, ba- daba-dee-daba-die...'
  • Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt
    "I'm blue, daba-dee-daba-die, ba- daba-dee-daba-die...'

Thanks. Now I can't get that damn song out of my head.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit