Why do you think they changed Ester and Christ death from?

by Crazyguy 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I believe the Early Christians going back as far as Constantine changed the ritual of a savior coming and the resurrection of the messiah from the spring equinox to the following full moon. Or should I say the full moon after the spring equinox. So why the change? Has anyone researched it?

It’s also interesting that so many believe in Jesus yet no one knows the exact date of his death or his resurrection, more proof of the myth in my opinion.

• Outahere
    Outahere

What change?

There were two groups from long before Constantine:

One group celebrated Easter on the Sunday immediately after the post equinox full moon (unless the moon landed on that date).

The other group on the same date as the Jewish Passover...the date of that full moon.

And then there's calendrical differences that last to this day (Julian vs Gregorian).

Whatever the system, to this day Easter is a moveable feast. The solar date varies based on the position of the post equinox moon.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I don't believe that the stories about Jesus are true, but there are enough details in the New Testament to be pretty specific with the Jewish calendar based on lunar cycles to pin down the date within the year that they say this stuff happened.

But otherwise, you are right. They could not pin down if this happened in 2 BCE or 4 AD or whatever. Too many variables to argue over. But also, because it's a myth.

• Hanged Man
    Hanged Man

It's the end of an old and beginning of a new cycle/age/aeon/system of things/octave.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Sorry, I named the years he might have been born.

They calculate the death of Jesus as having taken place between AD 30 and 36.

Pretty wide range.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

Known gospels were written decades after the supposed Jesus Death.

Then it was Edited, updated, modified and finally compiled by the Roman Catholic Church, centuries later.

No wonder the dates and time frames in the Bible are a mumbo jumbo confusion.

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

They changed because its all a MYTH.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit