Ozzie's Weekend Poll #35

by ozziepost 21 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Ahh, poll number 35 today! Sounds like middle age doesn't it?

G'day all,

So how's your weekend going? Maybe a little on the gloomy side??

We had a rare sight in our street this morning.....yep, you guessed it, it was two pairs of lesser dubs out walking together, very slowly I might add.

Strange though, they didn't call at our place. I wonder why?

Anyway, it got me thinking, and so here's a nice topical poll question for this weekend.

So, settle back with a nice cuppa and reminisce with us as we do this weekend's poll.

The poll question is:

In what manner did you go "house to house"?

a) Faster than George W preparing for war.

b) Moderately fast like the WTS issuing yet another change in teaching.

c) Steady walk like the inevitability of you getting DA if you fail the loyalty test.

d) Slow walk like waiting to get re-instated.

e) Very slow walk like Saddam Hussein cooperating with the UN inspectors.

f) Almost imperceptible movement like waiting for the WTS admit it was wrong.

g) No movement at all. Just didn't go!

Just select one of the above and post your answer.

Enjoy!

BTW if you'd like to check out the full set of 34 polls, check this thread:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=45745&site=3

Cheers, Ozzie

• Vivamus
    Vivamus
    f) Almost imperceptible movement like waiting for the WTS admit it was wrong.

Yup, I had perfected the pioneer-walk. You know, like two pioneers walking down the street, and suddenly one of them steps on a snail with a vengeance, gleeful to kill it. Says the other pioneer "Why did you do that?, Isn't that snail a creature of Jehovah as well?..." Says the one that killed it "Maybe, but its been in my way for hours now, it bugged me".

Edited by - Vivamus on 2 February 2003 3:57:27

• ozziepost
  • Francois
    Francois

Somewhere between f and g.

• Prisca
    Prisca
    c) Steady walk like the inevitability of you getting DA if you fail the loyalty test.

That was me.

LOL @ Viv's joke. I was a weekend publisher, so I was trying to get my 3 hours in each Saturday. But the pioneers in my group used to walk so slooooooowwwww.....!

There was one pioneer in my group that was quite tall (at least to me he was ) and, presuming he was a fast walker, I'd walk quite quickly when I was going from door to door with him. Then one day he said, "Slow down!"

I said, "but I was walking quickly to keep up with you".

"No, I was walking quickly so as to keep up with you!"

So from then on we walked at a more leisurely pace

• kelpie
    kelpie

This is definately me...

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

E. We had the pioneer trot goin while I was a pioneer. Take our time driving out to the territory, take our time walking down the street and in my case, nocking softly and praying noone heard.

• zev
    zev

c.

although the best part of my morning, was breakfast.

yep one hour in service, 2 for breakfast.

that as the best part of my "service" to the publishing company.

• ChristianObserver
    ChristianObserver

Hello Ozzie :o)

I just posted an *outsider's* comment about the *ambling walk* I observed recently here in the UK on the "Pioneering - A social event thread?"

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

It started out as "c" when I was still "loyal." But then, all of a sudden, it went straight to "g." Funny that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit