And China's version of the Nobel prize goes to ... Robert Mugabe! WTF?!

by LoveUniHateExams 19 Replies latest social current

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

According to The Guardian, the Confucius peace prize has been awarded this year to one Robert Gabriel Mugabe.

Yes, you read that right. I suppose I could've put this thread in either the entertainment section or joke section instead.

Apparently, Muggerbugger beat Bill Gates and the South Korean president to the prize.

The decision was defended because Mugabe has apparently been "injecting fresh energy into the global quest for harmony". I suppose Comrade Bob now allows Matabele people to live in safety.

Qiao Damo, committee chairman: “If Zimbabwe did not have Mugabe as its president, the country would be facing great difficulty"

Liu Zhiqin, committee member: “Frankly speaking, there were internal concerns about awarding Mugabe the peace prize. I myself have reservations. Mugabe has been in power for such a long time that he could be easily be labelled a dictator, tyrant or despot.” - no sh1t, Sherlock!

I wonder who'll win the award next year

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/22/zimbabwes-robert-mugabe-awarded-chinas-nobel-peace-prize

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

The world is run by the scum that rises or uses corruption to force their way to the top. Can anyone name me a good politician or religious leader of recent years? I'd be really interested to know who and why over and above personal confirmation bias.

I wonder if it's being raised as a JW that has given me a deep hatred of those in power?

The governing body of Jehovah's witnesses for their contributions to making the world a safer place for perverts.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Good post, Punk, and you're right - unfortunately, scum often rises to the top - but still(!)

Can anyone name me a good politician or religious leader of recent years? - Nelson Mandela. Convicted of terrorism, he paid his dues to society and never went back to crime when he was freed. He then served as South Africa's president in the 1990s, setting an excellent example that all politicians should follow.

• sir82
    sir82

Joseph Kony?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    LUHE - Nelson Mandela

Ah, Nissan Main Dealer.

Well, he can't be all bad...the Special AKA did a song about him. I rest my khazi!

• Actigall Ur
    Actigall Ur

Nelson Mandela? You can't be serious. Do you know anything about the ANC and such?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4gv7isyXMI

My family owned a large farm and some apartment rentals in South Africa before the apartheid ended. Fortunately, they foresaw what was inevitable and managed to sell off their real estate holdings and the farm before it ended. In the early 2000's they returned to SA to visit family and see how the new farm owners were faring. Sadly it didn't work out too well for the next owners who were also South African and decided to stay there. The farm was put back on the market and sat there for years as the market collapsed. Eventually, the state "acquired" the property through adverse possession as they claimed back taxes and other nonsensical lies. It was then planned to be turned into a community farm to feed the poor. Again, that didn't work out too well. The farm property is abandoned and I believe still sits desolate to this day.

As far as Mugabe, that low IQ imbecile who said in 2014 - "No whites can own land in Zimbabwe" and then changed his mind just one year later and is now begging white farmers to return- he can go to hell.

The last good leader or politician? JFK. And they killed him.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Nelson Mandela? You can't be serious. Do you know anything about the ANC and such? - my tongue-in-cheek comments surely show that I was only half-serious. Nevertheless, a lesser politician might have started Government-approved genocide against the whites, a la Mugabe.

Mugabe, that low IQ imbecile - not sure about this. I read that he has a high IQ, and has complete several Open University degree courses.

The last good leader or politician? JFK - yeah, he was pretty good. Between jumping into bed with anything with a pulse, he was quite a good prez ...

• Actigall Ur
    Actigall Ur

@LuvUni- I +1'd your comment cause now I'm starting to get your humor. Are you European?

a lesser politician might have started Government-approved genocide against the whites, a la Mugabe.

Oh, Mandela was fully aware that his country would have been set ablaze if he did not play both sides. I admit, it was well played. But he still showed his true colors throughout his political career.

Mugabe, that low IQ imbecile - not sure about this. I read that he has a high IQ, and has complete several Open University degree courses.

Ahhh yes one of my favorite topics for discussion - intelligence. Holding university degrees is not an indicator of one's intelligence. Nearly anyone can complete a university degree or even multiple degrees with study or even by rote. But raw intelligence, that's a entirely different subject. I know I said he is a low IQ imbecile but of course that is an exaggeration. He probably possesses average intelligence.

The last good leader or politician? JFK - yeah, he was pretty good. Between jumping into bed with anything with a pulse, he was quite a good prez ...

Good point. But then again, his sexual prowess has nothing to do with his leadership role. On the contrary, I find that those with the highest sex drive and affinity for fetishes are the best at filling leadership positions. JFK was the last good leader of the USA directly after perhaps any the first 7/8 presidents of the USA up to about Van Buren, then things start to get shady; the recurrence of the outstanding presidents fades to near zero as time goes on.

• username
    username
    Something I heard the other day. How many good people have been assassinated are ended up in some sort of dead state? How many scum rise to the top? Think about it ;)
  • Actigall Ur
    Actigall Ur

Something I heard the other day. How many good people have been assassinated are ended up in some sort of dead state? How many scum rise to the top? Think about it

That's exactly my point. All the good ones are "suicided" in their hot tubs or whatever, while the scum rise to the top. Which is why, as I said, the last good leader was JFK and they killed him.

BTW, this may deserve it's own thread but- Osama Bin Laden's Death is "a complete fabrication."

Not to sound like a nutty conspiracy theorist but I smelled bullshit when the news broke years ago. The official story changed several times over the first few hours as they discovered one lie had to change because of another lie.I just knew it. So much evidence points to them knowing where he was the whole time and that Saudi Arabia funded his survival.

And back to the Mugabe topic- one of my colleagues who travels all over Africa on assignment told me that China is kissing their ass so they can buy up all the resources and land so it should be no surprise when we see China, giving a "peace prize" to a known dictator murderer there are indeed sinister motives to it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit