Witnesses Can Keep Visiting

by orbison 4 Replies latest jw friends

• orbison
    orbison

Todays newspaper
    St-Jerome, Quebec, Canada
    A Quebec judge has ruled in favour of Jehovah's Witnesses in the challenge of a Blainville bylaw requiring a permit for door to door visits of a religious nature.
    Justice Jean Crepeau said that to lump Witnesses in with sales people is degrading. "Visits...are a Christian community service and....the publications offered are serious literature, dealing with subject matters such as the Bible, drugs alcoholism, youth education and maritial problems," the judge said-Canadian Press

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Orbison,

You said,
    "Justice Jean Crepeau said that to lump Witnesses in with sales people is degrading."

Does he mean degrading to the sales people or to the Witnesses? I sure wish they'd clarify themselves on things like this. The World may never know.

Yeru WHO KNOWS (poor slandered sales men)

YERUSALYIM

There is more of heaven and earth than is dreamt of in your philosphy, Horatio.

Dickens: A Tale of Two Cities

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

OH YEAH,

The Judge said,
    "Visits...are a Christian community service and....the publications offered are serious literature, dealing with subject matters such as the Bible, drugs alcoholism, youth education and maritial problems,"

Has he ever read this stuff?

Yeru

YERUSALYIM

There is more of heaven and earth than is dreamt of in your philosphy, Horatio.

Dickens: A Tale of Two Cities

• unanswered
    unanswered

they should at least need a permit if they are going to knock on doors before noon on the weekends.:)

• crossroads
    crossroads

I wish some of those serious publications would deal
    with chlid molestation and how this christian organization
    handels such things. I wonder if an awake would have
    a picture of the preist keeping a rapist out jail with the
    vatican pictured in the background. Someone should
    pass that along to them. Oh sorry that was two elders
    and the tower protecting a rapist, see if they will do
    the story anyway[ this makes me sick]

Share this

Google+