"Apostate" Books

by mackey 17 Replies latest jw friends

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

CofC was the biggest help to me. A fair number of JW's have read it and remained "faithful", I simply cannot understand how.

Elsewhere mentioned The Subtle Power of Spiritual Abuse. I'll second that motion. It doesn't mention JW's directly, the writers were writing based on their experiences in the evangelical churches. But much of it is very applicable to JW.

• mackey
    mackey

Of the books I listed, C Of C was the most convincing.This man spent 60 years as a JW. I'm not a JW, but I know enough to know It's true. I can't understand how a JW can read it and not leave.Aside from family matters ie, shunning. When I read Steven Hassan's books they scared the crap out of me. I knew there was some form of mind control involved with the JW'S, but I didn't know the full extent of It. Knowing what I know now I feel like I have someones life in my hands.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I liked C of C and Awakening. Both talk about the human side of things, how people acted, those involved in making the WTS tick.

For me, I have a hard time reading books that talk about only doctrine. It is so confusing, and reminds me of reading some Watchtower article that no one understood.

As far as I am concerned, when I hear how those in powerful positions act behind closed doors, like in the above books, that is what convinced me that it is all crap. God would not have this religion be the only way to salvation.

• Solace
    Solace

Jehovahs witnesses who love the truth, by Joan Cetnar.

Very good and helped me a great deal since I needed scriptural and written proof of the societies falshoods. Its ultra exposing and shocking to anyone who isnt aware of the bizarre WT teachings of the past. In my opinion, this book kills most, if not all of the societies credibility.

Sorry about all this editing latly. Im still getting the hang of this keyboard on my new laptop.

Edited by - heaven on 1 February 2003 10:59:52

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

A book that I reccomended to one of my friends was "Churches that Abuse" by Enroth. It's also a "stealth" book, since it doesn't mention the Witlesses specifically.

• Adonai438
    Adonai438

1. Crisis Of Conscience ( she has it, don't know if she'll read It).

5. Rescueing Your Loved One From The Watchtower.(David Reed)

6. Answering JW'S Subject By Subject.

I have read the above and liked all of them.

Other books I have liked are:

Watchtower Files by Duane Magnani --book of photocopied WT publications Zondervan Cults Guide: Jehovahs Witnesses--good brief synopsis of everything Jehovahs witneses Answered verse by verse By david Reed Reasoning from the scriptures with Jehovahs Witnesses by Ron Rhodes etc...

Another FABULOUS site for gathering proof of what the Watchtower believed/believes is: http://quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com/

Also- The Bible-- their ultimate enemy. Preferably not a NWT-their own translation- but it will work too if you know its quirks and proof to accurate translations. I have a few files on different topics that are good-- A booklet on the NWT accuracy, a packet on the WTs Trinity brochure showing their misquotes, and tons of scripture lists on various topics.

If you need anything feel free to email me with topics you're interested in or for prayer

[email protected]

<><Angie

• belbab
    belbab

The Orwellian World of Jehovah's Witnesses by Heather and Gary Botting.

belbab

• greven
    greven

may I add some more stealth books:

"1984" by George Orwell

Small Gods by Terry Pratchett

Simply good reads that make you think.

Greven.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit