This week at the meeting elders call friend in the room.

by poopie 18 Replies latest jw friends

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

I thought they all were so unfriendly.

You need to come as a newbie looking for more information.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

sir82- "He just pushed back his reinstatement by at least a year, probably much longer."

poopie - "He doesnt care about reinstatement, he cares about showing love."

He just pushed back his reinstatement indefinately, then.

• poopie
    poopie
    No rush for him he drives a 100 miles away and hangs out at witness gatherings with me where no one knows his status its best if both worlds hes haveing lots fun being social butterfly its great he has lived this way for 3yrs while he puts in letter every 6 months
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

No offense, poopie, but having "the best of both worlds" doesn't mean a whole lot if one of those worlds is Watchtowistan.

Just sayin'.

• poopie
    poopie
    No but it certainly beats haveing zero social group
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

poopie: He doesnt care about reinstatment he cares about showing love.

Maybe, but the elders don't care about "showing love," they care about CONTROL and OBEDIENCE.

Let's review: It's a cult!

• poopie
    poopie
    Be the change you want to see in others.and as i told him not All the elders are bad and evil blanket statements are not always true.
  • poopie
    poopie
    Thats like saying everone on the intetnet is bad and evil.
  • Zoos
    Zoos

I noticed when I was trying to get reinstated... people notice you. You try to disappear into the furniture but you are seen and commented on.

It took a long time for me to get reinstated and I often wondered what kind of effect this had on the brothers and sisters in the congregation. I KNEW one of the elders on my JC was viewed as a dick-head. I couldn't help but wonder if this had a negative effect on others who might have thought I was being treated harshly. Which I was.

Now that it's all over and I am awake and out... I often wish I had exploited that situation better - responding to an elder's invitation to the back room with a comment within earshot of others, "So you can just tell me again that you're not going to reinstate me. No thanks! My relationship with Jehovah is fine. I'll be fine."

OP, your friend is in a position to help others in a variety of ways by undermining the "stars" in the congregation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit