Your Story

by Blueblades 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Hi Everyone, Blueblades here! Please tell me your story.On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your current desire to know God personally? Why?Thank You.

• Witch Child
    Witch Child

Huh, that's a tough one... I never thought of it this way before... I guess I'll go middle of the road and say 5. I have a desire to draw close to the divine, but it is tempered by a substantial aversion to religion in general. Religion can be a good thing, but as the jw religion proves it can be a bad thing as well.

~Witch

• DIAMOND
    DIAMOND

I think the Dubs have all but killed it for me. I'm almost ashamed to say that after being a dub for over 30 years. I have very little desire to know God. I would have to say on most days 0 on a bad day 1. And this after all I've been taught about Jehovah Jesus and religion.

Diamond

• shera
    shera

I'm the odd one here so far...I would make that a 10.I want to know all the answers!

• moana
    moana

Blue:

It is about +15 for me, but it's very important to know that it took me many many years to have the desire. The jw beliefs had me living in so much fear. Even after living a single life on my own I was still so full of fear. Basicially, deep down I knew there was a God I could understand - it was just so difficult to let go of the idea of God having that big stick in his hand. Most of what I read here is people searching & trying to understand each other. When the time is right it will come.

peace baby

• pandora
    pandora

blue-

0 would have to be the answer for me. I have absolutely no desire to know god at all. From everything I've heard about him, he isn't someone I want to get to know at all. He is far too violent for my taste.
    I lived in fear for too long. I don't anymore. I am going to keep it that way.
    -P(J)

• happyout
    happyout

I definitely want to know God, if only to understand why things are the way they are. I may not believe everything the way it's written in the Bible, as a matter of fact, I definitely don't, but I do believe there is an intelligent creator, and I want to know about that being. I also want to know what, if anything, is next.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

It would be a 10+. There is a major hunger to realize first hand what the word "God" points to. The path for me has been to forsake idea's, beliefs and concepts about God. To let go of anthropomorphizing and making That, which is our Source, into a "thing" or personage. It is more a moment by moment witnessing of the aliveness within my own being. It's not about words or religion anymore. It's about right here, right now. JamesT

• Undecided
    Undecided

I got on my knees and cried to God to help me understand him. So far I haven't got any answer to help me see what God is. I really don't know what life is about as far as God is involved in it. I see only my family and I love them so much, but I don't see God being there at all. I hope someday that I can see where God is involved in some way, but I don't have much hope that it will happen. So far I see only death and the natural workings of nature in my life. That's not very encouraging for me. I wish it were different but that is the way it has worked out for me.

Ken P.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Thanks everyone. UNDECIDED :You summed it up for me. While I would like to know God personally and I desire this very much I don't see it happening at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit