Watch Tower Finances

by link 26 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

What would thay do with all that money? Why? To what ends???

• link
    link

That is the really big question rolling rock and you can only speculate on the answer.

One thing is for sure. They have built for themselves a business empire with a trading system that will ensure that they will not only last forever but will continue to expand all of the time.

To what end, nobody knows and I doubt they even know themselves. Personally I do not think for one moment that the hierarchy believe in their own rhetoric regarding Armageddon and the End of the System. These are just tools for use in the trading system.

It will certainly be interesting for those of us still alive at the middle of this century.

link

• Gerard
    Gerard
    Personally I do not think for one moment that the hierarchy believe in their own rhetoric regarding Armageddon and the End of the System. These are just tools for use in the trading system.

That is true. And one obvious result is that the organization and its assets have been reorganized to become less vulnerable to a major lawsuit. If the Governing Body is sued for deaths resulting from its ban on blood transfusions or child abuse, the Society's factories can not be taken in a settlement, because the factories are owned by a distinct corporation. If the WTB&TS corporation is found criminally liable, the Governing Body members are safe, because they are not Directors of that corporation.

A few years ago, The WTformed three new non-profit corporations to run the Society's "operations" in the United States. These corporations are:

1. The Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses - will coordinate all service (i.e., proselytic) activities, including door-to-door proselytism, circuit and district conventions, etc.
    2. The Religious Order of Jehovah's Witnesses - will coordinate the activities of those involved in full-time service, including pioneers, missionaries, and circuit and district overseers.
    3. Kingdom Support Services, Inc. - will control construction of all new Kingdom Halls and other facilities, and will hold the titles to all Society-owned vehicles.[3]

The Society has claimed that this reorganization occurred for practical - increased efficiency in administrative duties - and theological - enabling the Governing Body to focus on spiritual oversight - reasons. There are, however, several additional reasons for this reorganization that are not being elucidated by the Watchtower Society: the Society is almost certainly responding to its failed doctrines regarding the anointed class, and the Society is protecting its assets in light of governmental fines and potential litigation.

[ http://www.orthodoxstudies.org/cults/jwreorg.htm]

Edited by - Gerard on 3 February 2003 17:39:39

Edited by - Gerard on 3 February 2003 17:41:15

• Gerard
    Gerard

However, they have recently realised that their [WT's] fraudulent corporate conduct has now, after some eighty years under shelter, finally been traced and unveiled by the authors of this book, as they spotted our research some years ago. That is why they filed, in September and November 1994, a Dissolution Amendment at both the NY and PA Departments of State. This amendment was an effort to anticipate the winding up of their corporations so that they can secure their assets before any attorney general (or any local county court or court of common please) takes action to revoke the articles of the said corporations and dissolve their assets.
    http://www.bombsinsidewtc.dk/wt-trial/newsletters.htm

• Maverick
    Maverick

Just off the cuff with about one million J-duds in America at one billion dollars comes to about one thousand dollars in assets per J-dud. I am keeping this very simple. And remember, the local J-duds pay their own Halls expenses. Even thought the Society owns all the Halls and the land they sit on and can remove anyone they wish from membership. The membership donate a lot of time and personal resources maintaining these Halls that does not show up on any balance sheet. In any legit secular corporation labour costs are a major expense. These guys (GB) can hide behind being a Religious Org. I doubt there is any way you could find out all the places they are getting and hiding money and assets. What a shell game! Maverick

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

*** jv 340 21 How Is It All Financed? ***

"SeatsFree.NoCollections"

As early as the second issue of the WatchTower, in August 1879, Brother Russell stated: "Zions Watch Tower has, we believe, JEHOVAH for its backer, and while this is the case it will never begnor petition men for support. When He who says: All the gold and silver of the mountains are mine, fails to provide necessary funds, we will understand it to be time to suspend the publication." Consistent with that, there is no begging for money in the literature of Jehovahs Witnesses

I guess this means that they no longer believe they have Jehovah as their backer.

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

They are NOT in need of any more money than they already get! When I left they had broken the 5 million members mark. If every member gives a dollar at every meeting that is $3 per person per week. $3 times 5 million people is $15 million a WEEK!! They have it good enough as it is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit