Did Jehovah ever ask you........

by Beans 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Beans
    Beans

When you were a Jehovah's Witness did "JEHOVAH" ever ask something of you?

Beans

http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

• Mum
    Mum

He asked me why I was so hard on myself. He asked me why I would suffer intolerable misery because I was constantly reminded of how "happy" I was. He asked me to stand up and be counted and to stop being a cowering ninny.

I have obeyed to the best of my ability.

• SLOAN
    SLOAN

((Beansy)),

He never said one Damn word to me.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Beans, I never heard a damn thing. I asked many things, but never heard a word.

When you talk to God, it's called: prayer

When God talks back to you, it's called: schizophrenia

Honestly, I'm glad I didn't get asked by Jehovah, anything.

• Scarlet
    Scarlet

No I do not feel God wants anything from except you to live your life as a good person that is the best any of us can do.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

When you talk to God, it's called: prayer

When God talks back to you, it's called: schizophrenia

An excellent phrase.

Ask AGuest, God has chosen her as a vessel for communication and she professes that God and Jesus actually look like massive, winged dragons of an inexplicable color who speak to her directly.

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

I never heard a damn thing from him. I never ever felt like he was answering, or even listening to, my prayers. Never felt blessed. Didn't feel a bloody thing.

• SYN
    SYN

Jehovah has never said anything to anyone. At least not anyone who was sober, that is.

He's very introverted.

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Nothing.

I asked him many things tho, never got any form of reply.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Jehovah never spoke to me - unless I just didn't hear him. In which case he should have spoken louder.

Razor, there is a clear difference between schizophrenics and (some) people who claim to have had divine communication. While I admit that we're all on the brink of madness, I personally have the opinion that most of those considered "mentally ill" are considered so because the stuff in their head bothers them and makes them act in socially unacceptable ways. For those who hear voices etc and it doesn't bother them - they're just considered eccentric!

Sirona

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit