HOLY $HIT!!! Another Elder Molester !!!

by LDH 33 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• LDH
    LDH

RIGHT in front of my eyes. I read the newspaper every morning, but this morning it hit me like a ton of bricks....

I've checked the Fresno Bee website and the story is not there, so I will try to scan it in and send to someone to post....any takers?

EX-CHURCH ELDER ACCUSED OF MOLEST....

Visalia, CA...A 38 year old Visalia man who was a leader in a local congregation may face up to 16 years in prison on charges of sexually molesting a 12 year old congregation member....

LOUIS ANGUAINO served until last year as an elder at the KH of JW on 5310 Caldwell Ave. He is accused of continuous sexual abuse over a two year period of a girl who attended the same congregation....

I will gladly scan in the entire article and send it to someone in a jpg format if you can upload it...

I have contacted the reporter and hope to put the family in touch with CONCERNED LAWYER or Bill Bowen.

Lisa

• blondie
    blondie

http://www.fresnobee.com/local/sv/story/6028285p-6984534c.html

Ex-church elder linked to molest
    Visalian who was a Jehovah's Witness leader accused by girl, 12.
    By Cyndi Carcamo
    The Fresno Bee
    (Published Thursday, January 30, 2003, 5:24 AM)
    VISALIA -- A 38-year-old Visalia man who was a leader in a local Jehovah's Witness congregation may face up to 16 years in prison on charges of sexually molesting a 12-year-old congregation member.

Louis Anguiano served until last year as an elder at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses at 5310 Caldwell Ave. He is accused of continuous sexual abuse, over a two-year period, of a girl who attended the same congregation.

A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Feb. 7, when a judge will determine whether there is enough evidence for Anguiano to stand trial. Anguiano is free on $50,000 bail.

Anguiano's defense attorney, Jim Wilson of Visalia, proclaimed his client's innocence Wednesday but wouldn't comment further about the case.

According to Tulare County Superior Court records, Anguiano had known the victim's family for about six years and allegedly began molesting the girl about two years ago when she was 10.

"Everything began in a playful manner. ... Anguiano would grab her, tickle her and slap her on the bottom," a police report states. "Over a period of time, this playfulness began to become more uncomfortable to her. ..."

The first incident of alleged abuse occurred in the summer of 2001, when the girl and Anguiano were going to Wal-Mart, police reports state. The girl said the two were alone when he offered her money and reached over with his hand, attempting to place a $5 bill in her crotch.

The girl said Anguiano constantly showered her with gifts, including see-through underwear and cash.

Another time, records state, Anguiano allegedly asked the girl to shower with him, but she refused. Soon after, Anguiano began to brush the girl's hair and rubbed up against her.

"She could feel his pelvis/crotch bumping into her buttocks from behind," according to a police report. "The girl said she believes that Anguiano's motives are sexual and that is why she is uncomfortable with his touching, pestering and constant photographing."

The girl told detectives that the last incident happened in January 2002 while she played on a computer at her home. Anguiano was visiting the family and entered the girl's room, telling her he wanted to dance, He began dancing in front of her, reports state, and "he picked her from the chair and began holding her as if he wanted to dance."

The girl told detectives she kicked Anguiano in the groin. Anguiano then allegedly asked her, "How would you like me to do that to you?" She said Anguiano grabbed her by her arms, forced her into a corner "and grabbed her crotch area ... squeezing," reports state.

Anguiano was arrested Dec. 6 and booked into the Tulare County Main Jail. He was released on bail a few hours later.

Court documents state that Anguiano admitted to detectives that he had slapped the girl's bottom on occasion in a playful manner, but said he didn't know if it was the right thing to do.

A police report states that Anguiano admitted to buying the girl underwear as a gag and denied touching the girl's privates, but later told detectives that he had a problem and shouldn't have done certain things.

"[Anguiano] ultimately indicated that what he had done was wrong and that it was his lustful desire for [the girl] that caused him to have this problem," records state. A detective noted that Anguiano went back and forth in his statements from innocent touching to touching that was not appropriate in any way.

After the last incident, the girl told her mother, and the family attempted to keep Anguiano from coming to the home. The girl and her family spoke to the congregation's elders about the alleged incidents and filed a complaint against Anguiano.

One congregation elder declined Wednesday to discuss the case; other congregation officials could not be reached for comment.

Some of the elders contacted Child Protective Services in March 2002, according to court documents. Elders conducted their own investigation, removed Anguiano as an elder and sent a report to Watchtower Bible and Tract Society personnel in New York.

In court records, one elder told detectives that the girl said she thought Anguiano was going to murder her, and that "Anguiano also was someone that she did not want to be alone with."

The reporter can be reached at [email protected] or 622-2419.

• LDH
    LDH

HEY, HOW'd you do that?!?!? LOL.

I looked online in the Local and State section which is where it appeared in my paper....where'd you find it?

Thanks, Blondie.

Lisa

• blondie
    blondie

I just typed fresno bee in google, took the 1st site and put jehovah in the search window.

Blondie

• LDH
    LDH

Thanks Blondie...that saved me a shitload of time.

Lisa

• Mary
    Mary

Wow! The elders actually contacted Child Protective Services??!!! This guy was actually removed as an elder instead of being promoted?? Well, it looks as if the elders in this particular congregation are a bit more on the ball than what your average elder is. If all elders took the same steps, then we wouldn't have this horrible problem within the Organization in the first place .

• LDH
    LDH

You better believe all of the shit storm that Bill Bowen, Hawk, and others brought is making the individual elder bodies a little more cautious about their actions.

Not for one minute did they do it to protect the child.

They are vipers.

• truthseekers2
    truthseekers2

When I married my husband back in '86 and moved to his congregation, it wasn't long after I was there that one of the most dynamic elders was df'd for molesting his children as they were growing up. It was horrible as one of the daughters was a close friend. As the years went by, the once-elder was reinstated and then became a regular pioneer. It was so difficult to see him once again giving talks from the platform and especially going out in the ministry every single day. What was worse is that his privacy was to be respected. Even though my husband and I knew what he was df'd for, most of the congregation did not, including the other pioneers. When my husband's mother took my daughter in service one day and I found out that this man took my daughter and her best friend someplace while her grandmother went on a Bible study, I went ballistic!!! Still, we had to keep his reputation in tact...I just put my foot down and said never again would my daughter go in service without us and came out looking like an idiot. Whatever! Later, his pioneer priviledges were taken away (more "new light"?) and finally once the Dateline program aired, word leaked about him and his past (from what source in the cong, we have no idea). Several in the congregation were having a really hard time with it, one mother in particular. She now realizes her little girl, from the age of 2-4, has been left alone in the car with this man on many, many occasions while she was at the door in field service. How on earth could the brothers allow this to happen??? I have been sickened over it for so many years. It's no wonder these perverts have ample opportunity considering the ministry work. Another situation I know of first-hand is the brother-in-law of my brother-in-law grew up molesting all sorts of young sisters in his family and congregation, including my husband's niece. When he was found out, he was serving as a servant in the congregation and progressing toward elder. Thankfully my husband's family pressed charges and this man has been to court, sentenced, and served time. He is now re-married with new small children of his own...and he molested his own son before. He is also reinstated and attending another JW congregation. Who knows if all the publishers have been warned of his past history so they can protect their children.

If the JW's want to continue to exist and control their flock, they need to at least come up with some way to protect innocent members from these predators that exist among them!!!!!! Talk about true wolves in sheep's clothing.

• ugg
    ugg

• AlanF
    AlanF

Apparently the Society's new policy on reporting child molestation has begun to work.

Now they're going to have to explain to courts and the court of public opinion why they waited until 2002 to institute it, and actively covered up molestation cases until then.

AlanF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit