Jehovah Witnesses watching TV tonight

by JH 20 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

The active JW's watching TV tonight will be surprised when they see themselves in the spotlight. How do you think the average JW will react when watching the program? Will they think that it's all lies, or do you think they will believe a good part of it?

• Downunderandout
    Downunderandout

the good active ones won't watch it, my ex-mother in law (stunch JW) unplugged the TV when a program was viewed in her country and she refused to let any members of her household (all non-JW's or df'ed) to watch it.

• Mulan
    Mulan

My mother watched the Dateline show last May and said she knew it was all true. She said she hoped some people would "wake up". She is very elderly, but pretty sharp too.

• Inquiry
    Inquiry

Halfway through the fifth estate... wow... it's really really good.... this is going to rock the WT world for sure... no doubt about it... it's well done... it's very straightforward and it's very credible... wonderful stuff

The vcr is just a rollin!

Inq

• foreword
    foreword

I'm sure it's good, man who would have thought?

I asked my neighbour if I could watch it and she said she didn't care about the witnesses. I said it's not for the witnesses but against.....thinking she might want to watch it then...she didn't budge....I guess some really don't care..lol.

I'll just have to read up on it.

• Robotnomore
    Robotnomore

Like all good brainwashed ones, most will say it was all the work of apostates. But if even one person sees the truth, its worth it.

• JH
    JH

And what was shown on TV tonight, was only the tip of the iceberg. We would need a program like that every month. Maybe then things would change.

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

For any JW's who lurk here, if you watched this show & don't talk to your elders about change - SHAME ON YOU!!!!!

• stichione
    stichione

Somebody I know let a few persons in his congregation know of tonight's CBC program. The reaction? Read excepts from the following:

Original message:

FYI.
    >
    > The Fifth Estate is running a 1 hour segment on Jehovah's Witnesses
    > Wednesday, January 29th 2003 at 9:00 PM on the CBC.

The reply from one sister?

> It is very probable that the Fifth Estate will not present a positive
    > picture of the Witnesses as they can be quite biased at times...
    All this to say - I would not waste my time and
    > be exposed to such unfair reports. Fair reports on JW's are few and far
    > between - not surprising that we are targeted on a regular basis. Caution
    > should be exercised when exposed to material or media sensationalism that
    > can warp our spirituality. Apostasy takes many forms so we need to be
    > careful.
    >
    > P.S. For all I know, it might be a good segment, but why take the chance.
    > Oh, and by the way, isn't it meeting night?

Notice how the word "Apostasy" creeps into this kind of information? The typical JW is discouraged from thinking independantly from the Organization, or of thinking critically of it altogether. Their minds would simply shut down at the very thought..

• mouthy
    mouthy

Wonderful show!!! Every one was super. Linda Of CBC ask me to call & let her know what you all thought about it I am answering for you all ( Hope that is o.K. ) I said Wonderful lets have more exposure..... I was so pleased with it all...The one in the shadows ( wink ,wink , ) I LOVE you SOOOOOOO Much (((((((hug)))) also Vickie - Also Moss (((((((HUGS))))) You will be helping so many people.......XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXI am elated

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit