Angola BANS ISLAM and MUSLIMS. Calls it a sect.

by PaintedToeNail 9 Replies latest jw friends

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Angola has banned Islam and closed the mosques, saying that it is a sect and counter to the culture of the country.

http://www.worldbulletin.net/headlines/163865/angola-bans-islam-shuts-down-mosques

• Perry
    Perry

The truly faithful to Mohammed are targeting and slaughtering Christians:

Boko Haram Kills 'Too Many to Count' in Nigeria

According to Amnesty International, the group's assault on a Nigerian border town may be its "deadliest act" yet.

it also looks like they are positioned to kill 200,000 Christians in this city according to U S Intelligence.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

It's very harsh but understandable.

When our Western politicians see Islamic violence at home and abroad, they immediately blurt out "Islam is a religion of peace". Angolan politicians see the same violence and say "no thanks, not here".

Makes sense to me ...

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    I'll do some research on this. I have spent quite a bit of time in Angola in my past life. No doubt Angolans weary of civil war since the 60's are a little concerned with the spread of fundamentalist Islam instigated conflicts across Africa.
  • nicolaou
    nicolaou

Perry, it's only 21 years since Christians were slaughtering each other in that continent. As many as a million by some estimates. Granted, their faith was not the cause of the genocide but it did little to prevent it from happening.

"the church itself stands tainted, not by passive indifference, but by errors of commission as well"

http://faculty.vassar.edu/tilongma/Church&Genocide.html

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Conservative Muslims hate Christians and non-Muslims.

Ancient Hebrews hated non-Hebrews and were barbaric in their laws in general.

Fundamentalist Christians consider non-Christians to be worthy of eternal torture unless, of course, they convert.

The three sisters Judaism, Christianity and Islam have similar temperaments even if they look different from each other in superficial appearance.

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

Angola has about 90 000 Muslims.

After this lets say about 10% will be upset that they can't go to Friday prayer at the local mosque. That's about 9000 Muslims.

About 10% of the above number are so angry they'd be willing to commit an act of violence. That's 900 Muslims.

Of those 10% would be willing to commit an act of terror. 90 Muslims.

Of those 10% would be willing to commit a suicide attack. That's 9 Muslims.

Congratulations Angola. You've just created a new insurgency.

And you were recovering so well.

• Simon
    Simon
    Congratulations Angola. You've just created a new insurgency.

Or, going of your numbers, they have just identified an organization as dangerous and destructive and likely to encourage violent acts if they don't get their way.

I'm sure the Mafia are great citizens when if you give them everything they want ...

• avaddohn94
    avaddohn94

I believe this is an old story that resurfaces every now and then. Now, I may be wrong but if you search the web, you will find the Angolan government denying the same note almost two years ago.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/nov/28/angola-accused-banning-islam-mosques

Like I said, maybe this time it's for real but, I think such a report would have been more spread by renowned agencies and media if it were true.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim
    just another way to stir-up the paranoia in the Borg, many will jump all over this getting ready for the GT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit