JW woman in Australia murdered by abusive husband

by OrphanCrow 12 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

*full article and video at link

Gold Coast McDonald’s shooting: Victim had left abusive husband

STEPHEN Lock was a controlling and abusive husband who turned to drugs to try to level his volatile moods.

His wife Karina, 49, was a devout Jehovah’s Witness who, for religious reasons, stayed with him until she could take it no more.

Friends of the couple have revealed details of their tumultuous relationship, which ended tragically in gunfire at a McDonald’s restaurant yesterday morning.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    I guess unscriptural divorce was out of the question and she payed the price. Godamn stupid species and their bullshit ideologies. My condolences and I hope he meets a violent end. I can't count how many abusive men have met with my angry side. It disturbs my wife due to obvious legal reasons. But I have the gift of protecting others and so help I will fuckin use it if you fuck with the defenseless.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Is it just me, or is the WTS getting more and more egg on their faces with each passing day?
  • SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Vidiot it seems like it. But it still doesn't mean anything when you're talking about a following of potential cyanide chuggers.
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    SSC: I guess unscriptural divorce was out of the question and she payed the price.

Yes...the article shows that the JWs were more concerned with trying to convert her husband than they were with the woman's safety.

This is confirmation that the role of women in the JWs is bait for the men that they can trap. What happens to the woman doesn't matter as long as the man takes the bait.

And, if he doesn't convert, well...then they can blame Satan.

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

Oh, these women that, for whatever reason, cannot live without a man...

It is a high price to pay!

SL

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    Sounds like more bad advise from the dubs JC. I know my sister was told to go back to her abusive husband as she did not get a "scriptural" divorce. Even though she is blinded by the organization, I had to give her created she stuck to her decision. She told one elder that told her to go back, "you didn't have to live with him".
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    William: She told one elder that told her to go back, "you didn't have to live with him".

Good for your sister...not only did she not have to live with an abuser, she didn't have to die with one either.

The WTS treats domestic abuse in the same way that they treat child abuse. As if it is a sin rather than a crime.

Domestic abuse is a criminal matter, not a spiritual matter.

SophiaRose: Oh, these women that, for whatever reason, cannot live without a man...
    It is a high price to pay!

The word "cannot' is crucial in your statement. The "cannot" is rarely the fault of the woman - it is the fault of society at large. If women could leave relationships and have the opportunity to earn enough to support herself and children, then fewer women would stay in abusive situations.

Unfortunately, there is rarely a choice given for a woman to survive on her own. And, JW women are ill-equipped, for the most part, to enter into the work force and be independent.

"These women" who "cannot survive on their own" have been forced to accept the role that the WTS has given them, they do not have the skills to survive on their own and have been restricted from seeking help elsewhere. The JW religion cuts their hamstrings. They can't run. They don't know how.

• Heaven
    Heaven
    So much for these people living to a higher moral standard than everyone else.
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    SecretSlaveClass: ...I hope he meets a violent end.

He is dead. Shot himself and died in hospital. Maybe the hospital had a shortage of pain medication...maybe...I hope so. It would be a shame if he was unconscious through it all.

The man who allegedly shot his estranged wife dead inside a Gold Coast McDonald's before turning the gun on himself has died.
    A day after the tragedy, Stephen Lock, 57, died at Gold Coast University Hospital on Friday morning, a Queensland Police statement confirmed.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3229188/Karina-Lock-mother-shot-dead-former-partner-McDonald-s-restaurant-Gold-Coast-said-s-going-kill-just-died.html#ixzz3lOiQjQpr

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit