Talk with a witness, my " Final Showdown"

by The Rebel 14 Replies latest jw friends

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Yesterday a witness friend asks why I don't attend the K.H anymore.

Me:- " I don't say this often but YOUR J.Ws opinion is wrong"

THE END.

My reasons for this simple reply were:-

a) I have grown tied of reading J.W CRAP

b) I have grown tied of pointing out J.W CRAP.

Everything they believe is " ASUMPTION". You can't go through life believing "other" people's ASSUPTIONS. And it always seems pointless to debate.

I am not sure if my simple answer will have an impact? I doubt it. But then in the past voicing my deeper concerns about the W.T have only bought trouble for me.

Do you think my " I don't say this often but YOUR J.W. opinion is wrong" and then leaving it at that was :-

a) Lazy

or

b) Effective.

Answers can be, Yes, No, Possibly and even ASSUMPTIVE:-)

The Rebel.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    Its kinda vague, shouldn't be any big deal.
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

Wasanelder Once:- " It's kinda vague"

I agree, but a little more diplomatic and I hope effective than " I No longer attend the Kingdom Hall because your Organisation is nothing more than a disgusting con, run by evil minded little creeps"

The Rebel.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Very effective - in setting off "apostate alarm bells." Saying something like that instantly puts active J.W.'s on notice that someone has a "rebellious" (to the FDS) spirit.

If you don't want to remain under the radar, it's no problem.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Interesting observation " The Searcher"

I guess my attitude to my witness friends is " I am me and I think different from you" If we can get along and continue as friends that's fine by me. If not it wasn't much of a basis to base friendship on in the first place.

So I try to be positive, and see my new life as an incredible and exciting experience. I can't help feel sad if past " friendships" were nothing more than fantazy. Maybe I am pretending I don't care, but I have promised myself this "incredible & exciting new life is going to be positive not negative.

The Rebel.

• Sabin
    Sabin
    Rebel, if you are happy with your response then it was the right response. I get what your saying you can just end up going round in circles with them & their not interested anyway, they just go running back to the elders & say bad stuff about you. Good for you wanting to get on with your life & be positive. You don't need any-ones approval.
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

Sabin " if you were happy with your response then it was a great response"

Agreed but on the other side imagine a man of about 50, with a wife and three kids between eight and fifteen. Should I give this man such a "vague" answer and leave, when I have facts and proof to help him and his family out of a cult?

The "confused" Rebel.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The theme from The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly went through my mind as I read the thread title and OP.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Good for you!

• getanewplanstan
    getanewplanstan
    Just say I'm doing great, how are you doing. There is no reason to explain. How can you explain that you grew out of it? Although missing the social life, once you realize you will NEVER go out in FS again, you realize, therefore, that there is no point in continuing going to the meetings. They are not at that point yet, you can't force it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit