Chew the facts....

by Jb9963 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TruckerGB
    TruckerGB

I too have never been a JW,like others here,I came to learn,because of,in my case,a long standing friend who is an ex JW,and I might add,found some new friends along the way,I did grow up with a fairly stifeling religious background,and some issues here are very similar to mine,so you see,it takes all sorts.

Look and learn.

Take care,

Rich.

• Buster
    Buster

What?? You people aren't Witnesses??

• Phil
    Phil

Would you please send me these actual quotes. Do you have the actual JW documents where it appears? That wouls be even better.

• Buster
    Buster

Phil,

I'm not sure what quotes you are asking for. But this is a site loaded with 'em: http://quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com/

That site has quotes, arranged by topic, with full citation of the source and very little, if any commentary. The Watchtower Bible and Tract society publication are allowed to speak for themselves. Admittedly, there is emphasis added at the fun parts though.

But approach your daughter carefully with this stuff. You see, depending on how deep she is into it, she will see it instantly as Satan the Devil's work. She has been trained to sidestep. She has been warned about those that would assail her faith with reasonable-sounding, serpent-like logic. (I'm not kidding - she has been told this stuff)

I've never had to do this, but may I suggest you select a topic or two that stand out to you. Research the comments in this forum - the Search feature (upper left of this screen) is pretty useful. Then ask her views. Many make the mistake trying to prove something to JWs - can't be done. Make her prove it. If she is to see the flaws, I think it is most likely to happend when she is trying to explain them.

Please keep us posted. The further she goes into it, the more likely she is to pull away from you and the rest of her family I wanna read some good news soon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit