What I believe

by larc 21 Replies latest jw friends

• onacruse
    onacruse

Intro:

it seems to me those two are really the same law.

They are. However, it's the first law that's had me tangled up in theology all my life. It's the second law that deals with reality. My goal for the next 50 years: I'd rather go to my grave having shown my devotion to the second law, than having researched my preoccupation with the first law.

Craig

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Larc, some say that life is a bitch, and it is. As to a God, I believe in a Creator, (not God,) in my culture when we speak of our Creator its personal. When translated in my tongue it is, 'One Who Made Us'. The word God is impersonal. My natural mom and father are real, personal. Am I to doubt them, without them I wouldn't be here.

Life to me is like the occupations that I engage in. I have gone through many bruises and injuries but I'm still here, and I still engage in such activity. Since I enjoy working, money is only a means to an end. People can be disappointing, heartless but I have come to learn to tolerate such conduct because it serves an an education base for me. Will Rogers once said,"The more I travel, the more I realize how little I know". Will Rogers circled the globe twice before his tragic end.

Life is like golf, toooo many self-destruct to early in the game. The slighest turn of events not in their favor and because of impatience, everything they work for so hard for falls apart at the end. Some golfers begin their rounds without mistakes and end up with bad mistakes which runs their score and day, others begin their game badly and end up with good scores because they fought and stuck it out, life is no different. I grew up abused and violated, and yes, life has been a struggle for me, but I'm sticking it out, and I am where I am because of that, I'm speaking from experience.

Helping people has kept me in. Yes, many people are 'not' appreciative, but that hasn't stopped me from helping. I get 'inner' satisfaction knowing I did the right thing even though I get pissed on. Whatever judgment I get from my Creator, so be it and I'm not worried about it, I get what I deserve. I believe you are my older brother by a few months then you know what I'm talking about. have a good day.

Guest 77

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Larc, my sentiments indeed.

With ya on all of it .

• Undecided
    Undecided

Larc,

I don't know if we are right or not, but I agree with you. After all the searching and life experiences I've had I feel I must just guess at what God is or thinks. There is no evidence to prove anything about him other than nature(and only then if you believe he created it all) and it's not very kind and loving. Maybe there is a reason for the way life is but I haven't seen it.

Ken P.

• Makena1
    Makena1

Larc - well said. You have expressed pretty much where I am at this point in my life when it comes to a belief system.

I would like to think that an all powerful creator or force in the universe would be able to read my mind and heart and determine that if I was given a logical explanation of why we are here, what is expected of me etc., that I would make the correct choices. Not sure if that makes any sense - but again, its where I am right now.

Mak

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I used to believe, with absolute certainty, in many things. As the things that I believed were disproved I have concluded that not only do I not have all the answers; I dont even have the questions. In retrospect, I feel much better about myself now than I ever did when I thought I knew everything. I am comfortable in knowing that the future is not only a mystery, but also an unwritten book.

• christopherceo
    christopherceo

TO ALL WHO HAVE POSTED IN REPLY & TO LARC:

I am truly inspired by all of your comments! I have only been on this site for a few weeks and have been free for just over a year now. I have been trying to figure out where I have been for the almost 11 years while I was inside the organization, time and history seem to be a blur, but the veil of mind controling rules is slowly being lifted and my vision is becoming clearer every day now. I have also been searching out the many directions I can choose to go now with my life, it feels like I have just been released back into the real world after being in prison for 11 years. So many choices but they are mine to make now, they don't come pre-packged in the form of watchtower publications that we were expected to memorize and then try to act it out in real life, like an actor playing a part following a script. Freedom of the mind is a wonderful thing!!!

my e-mail is always open [email protected]

• obiwan
    obiwan

You know larc, if we as a group who have in one way or another been afflicted by the Watchtower organization let the teachings affect us in our daily lives it will eat us up inside causing so much stress and pain. Earlier you made mention about god existing or not, well if he does I truly believe god did not intend us to live with so much pain, and if he does not then we are letting men cause this pain and controlling our lives. I feel your dilemma, and wish I to could put my foot down and say enough but when family is a constant it makes it difficult.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Larc,

Your "belief system" is nearly word for word, what my hubby has said are his feelings about it all.

Guess I am just more of a soul searcher. I so want to be a part of whatever is going on. On the watch, alert, knowledgeable. All I know is that I have found a peacefull spirituallity that I never had before. I'm gonna hold onto that.

• larc
    larc

I want to thank all of you for all of your thoughful comments. Carmel, I have to address your comments. First of all, I am 62 years old and I left the Witnesses 40 years ago, although I did have a hang over from the experience for many years after that. I am not in a place of discomfort at my age. I have learned to accept life on life's terms. Obiwan, I enjoyed our brief time together at the Michigan apastafest last year, and I certainly hope I will get to see you again some day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit