How bad is the Society hurting?

by dmouse 14 Replies latest jw friends

• dmouse
    dmouse

It seems clear that the GB are hurting. Recent media attacks over pedophilia, combined with revelations of hypocrisy over the UN and even personal accusations against members of the GB themselves has meant that those at the top of the ivory tower are feeling more vulnerable than ever before. The law is increasingly being used to bring these monsters to book.

The religion is losing members, and are garnering fewer replacements. It's a sort of writing on the wall for the scared old men in Brooklyn.

Figures show a slight increase in publishers worldwide but we all know that is due to massaging through reduced hour requirements and the desperate act of publishers too tired to go out at all but still reporting hours to keep the elders off their backs.

The internet has allowed all but the most hard-nosed JW to see the hypocrisy at the heart of their religion. The Emperor really has no clothes.

I believe that even though many profess to still believe the JW religion is still the truth, they are slowing down; meeting attendance and field service has, for many, become token service.

But most importantly, I believe that the brothers have slowed down their contributions ($$$$) to the World Wide Kingdom Work (read old prophets retirement fund).

Expect calls for more donations in the literature.

Why do I feel that the GB are hurting? Well, I have noticed an increase in the whining about opposers and their attacks on the Society. The current literature is full of such comments as:

But we know that today, opposers similarly sharpen their tongue, using speech as a weapon of war. They shoot at blameless Christians, using spoken or written words as arrows of misrepresentation.

(Watchtower March 1 st 2003, page 16)

HOWEVER. The Society has also noticed our one weakness: lack of unity as evidenced in flame wars.

Page 16 goes on to say:

David goes on to say: God will shoot at them with an arrow suddenly. Wounds have resulted to them, and they cause one to stumble. But their tongue is against their own selves The righteous one will rejoice in Jehovah and will indeed take refuge in him. (Psalm 64:7-10) Yes, though enemies sharpen their tongue against us, in the end their tongue comes to be against their own selves. Jehovah eventually turns matters to a positive outcome, so that those who have trusted in him can rejoice in him.

So, next time the flame wars start. Ask yourself, is the Society watching and getting a kick out of it? In fact, has the Society planted trolls to deliberately start the nasty stuff? Is this considered part of their theocratic warfare?

I wonder.

Edited by - dmouse on 27 January 2003 16:54:30

• BONEZZ
    BONEZZ

In the words of Teddy Jaracz...."Well Pilgrim, it's time to circle the wagons."

-BONEZZ

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake

I only recently got to look at the society from a distance, and thought how I slaved for them for so long, and I finaly felt good in my decision not to go back. I was a pioneer, the perfect Witness, everything, but had enough of their lack of love, etc.

Modern day pharisees they are...

whew, I am glad I'm out...

PS, can you all give some support to my friend, elumn8? He posted today about the Anointed, Gathering, etc... Most of you wont understand the subject but he was raised a Witness, and just got out of the Borg.. so I hope you can give him a welcome..

Edited by - fruitcake on 27 January 2003 17:14:27

• metatron
    metatron

Anyone remember their interpretation of the Rich Man and Lazarus?

How the rich man was tormented by being exposed with the truth?

How the well off Pharisees suffered because they were revealed to be hypocrites?

The Society is feeling the sting of their own interpretation.

metatron

• Francois
    Francois

I do agree that we do ourselves no good by flaming. We just give the GB something to beat us over the head with. On the other hand, those that see the lack of love, the hypocrisy, the pedophilia, the failed and false prophecies, I don't think will be terribly put off if they realize that we merely are enjoying our freedom, our liberty as sons of God. We have our beautiful unity, all they have is their lock-step uniformity. Jackasses can't appreciate the difference between the two.

my two cents.

francois

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

They haven't bloody well felt anything yet, the bastards.

Expatbrit

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Chuckling @ dmouse. I actually love your essays, but this one is, you have to admit, using the reasoning style of the bastards from brooklyn. The flame wars of course hurt some witnesses who are brave enough to peek in, and for that I dislike them, but the GB can't use them against us, they can't even admit to loudly that we exist in this fashion (happy, intelligent, free-thinking and talking) -- to do so would point the rank and file in our direction, something they are loathe to do.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

in the end their tongue comes to be against their own selves

It is dumbfounding that people whose business is literacy (apparently) seem unable to rise to the intellectual level of schoolchild.

Surely it is well known, not just by opposers but by the organisation themselves, that the most damaging words to credibility for a jw are indeed the previous words of jwism.

Their own tongue returns to be against them, and yet they can ignore the fact and use this a teaching against others.

Can someone really be such a baffoon, or do we consider that it must be a wicked thing employed in a nasty defiant arrogance ?

paduan

Edited by - a paduan on 27 January 2003 21:37:28

• greven
    greven

I do agree with francois that we do ourselves no good by flaming. However I do not think it will put of possible interested people. We never claimed to be one united brothership. We never claimed to be unified. We never claimed to be God's organization. And we certainly do not claim to be his mouthpiece or prophet.

We are individuals with different hopes, ideas and ideals. Naturally these will clash now and then, resulting in conflict and flamewars. But it is nothing to get really excited about, aslong as we aknowledge our human fallibilty and respect the beliefs of others. This is something they lack.

Greven.

• tom64kat
    tom64kat

hi to all,

my name is kim and although i've been enjoying this site for awhile now, i felt moved to respond to this subject.

i was raised a jw, i'm now 38, and i have to agree with paduan, it was the old (and not so old) jw literature that was the deciding factor for me in leaving the org.

also, the personal life stories i've read at many different sites also convinced me. so many of those stories put into words how i felt being apart of that oppressive, superficial and unloving org.

thanks to all who willingly share their life experiences, you have no idea how many people you help.....perhaps you do...bless you all

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit