Recurring Dreams?

by ESTEE 7 Replies latest jw friends

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Hi Everyone!

Do you have a recurring dream?

I have had recurring dreams . . . and lately I have noticed a change.

I used to have nightmares that I was back in the kingdom hall . . . or at a convention . . . and no one would talk to me. Wait! That really would happen - - - if I went to a meeting! (Haven't gone for almost four years) Anyway, in the dreams, I felt just awful - - - like I felt soooo out of place and sooooo self-consious and uncomfortable.

Now . . . this week I dreamed I was in a kingdom hall and waiting to talk to an elder. He told me I would have to wait. So I thought, okay I'll wait for a few minutes. I thought he had some important elder business to attend to, so no problem. Then I saw that he was just standing there chatting with a couple of sisters and laughing it up. No serious elder business going on! - - -Oh, wait! It could be serous elder flirting going on! I wasn't feeling my usual discomfort or self-consiousness. I was feeling rather confident and pleased with myself. I was carrying a bookbag. Suddenly, I felt like, Hey! Why am I here, anyway? Why would I wanna talk to this jerk anyway? Is he the caretaker of my soul? Or am I the caretaker of my soul! I threw the bookbag into the trash. Nope, wasn't a good enough effort! I took the bookbag outta the trash, and threw it in with more passion and gusto! There! Like that!!!! Ahhhh.. . . that felt more like it!! I marched outta the kingdom hall, hoping everyone saw me! I was feelin' soooo prouda myself and I had this great feeling of self-esteem like I had NEVER felt before in my life!!!!

Ahhhhh. . . that felt sooooo good!

What a great dream! Hey . . . Do you suppose I am healing?

Thanks for all your support in my healing journey!! Just had to share this!

Love you all!

ESTEE

• auntiem
    auntiem

Sounds like progress!!! A healing indeed!!!

Blessed Be!

aUnTie M

• wednesday
    wednesday

I have a reoccuring one whre i am trying to make a phone call and can't get through.I am frantic when i wake up.

I had one where i was being chased and frightened by an ugly creature. I finally faced it down and told it to leave me alone. I told my doc and he said that is what he would have had me do for dream therapy.

My fav dreams is the flying ones, 'They are so much fun.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

I have a reocurring theme...I am always on a quest or mission. I have to do something or go somewhere. These dreams are quite lengthy, and I never make any progress. I am always late in getting somewhere, or stopped and sidetracked, or someone un-does all my hard work up until that point and I have to start all over.

I always wake up pissed off and frustrated...

*lays back on the leather couch* ok analyze that!

Oh yes, and I have never had a flying dream. I always have dreams that my teeth are falling out too. I know that is supposed to mean I have crap self-esteem, but I think I just fear my teeth rotting out.

• kheli
    kheli

I used to have a recurring dream when I was a kid. I used to dream that my grand-father and I were driving on a highway. Suddenly the highway would run out and there would be nothing but ocean.

I think I had this dream because I always rode with him in his truck (around town, road trips, etc.). But the dreams stopped when he died. Ironically, he died in a head-on collision...on the highway. *chills*

• nightwarrior
    nightwarrior

HI ESTEE,

Take me back to your dream ,you say you where waiting for an elder,like waiting for a bus,the reason why you went back into the trash can was that you where delving in all the trash and rubbish that is commonly dished out at kingdom halls,was a pity you never threw the holder at his head then maybee you may have got his full attention,but the fact that you went into the hall submissive ,and strolled out brave confident& triumphant with your back to the whole congregation along with well not keeping the uninportant appointment,as far as the elder was concerned, you were showing that you had had enough .the elder chatting away to the 2 sisters in your time showed that he didnot care about you one way or another ,are you suprised at this attitude ,they approach you with something trivial to chastise you about,but the meaningfull things they ignore.

Yes you have walked out on false teachings which are mostly destined for the rubbish bin, if only more people had the courage of there convictions,and done as you have done,

BUT DID YOU NOTICE HE NEVER ANSWERD ANY OF YOUR QUESTIONS /CONCERNS.

Therfore your nightmares ,should be ending now and all you have to do is think sweet thoughts sweet dreams.

The oracle has spoken.

sweet dreams

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Estee,

What a wonderful dream. Your description was very easy to visualize.

A lot of chain breaking symbolism there. And the freeing emotions that you felt would imply some pretty deep healing.

JamesT

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

(((((nightwarrior))))) Thanks for the lovely words of support! What you say here - - - is exactly what I was thinking! Oracle has spoken! Love that!!

but the fact that you went into the hall submissive ,and strolled out brave confident& triumphant with your back to the whole congregation along with well not keeping the uninportant appointment,as far as the elder was concerned, you were showing that you had had enough
    Therfore your nightmares ,should be ending now and all you have to do is think sweet thoughts sweet dreams.
    The oracle has spoken. sweet dreams

(((((Awwww! JamesT))))) Thanks soooo much! My sense of the dream, as well. . . appreciate the validation!

A lot of chain breaking symbolism there. And the freeing emotions that you felt would imply some pretty deep healing.

(((((AuntieM)))))) Awwww...thanks so much, my dream wizzard!!! I am feelin' pretty prouda myself right about now!!!

Sounds like progress!!! A healing indeed!!!

Everyone - - - thanks for all your caring words. It has been almost four years since I left the jws - - - never to return! Seems like the dream means that I am experiencing an emotional disconnection - - - as well as physical distance - - - between me and that awful place where I was brainwashed since birth!

Happy to be free!!!

Love you all!

ESTEE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit