JW Broadcasting Party

by The Searcher 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Just heard of a congregation who has announced a Saturday afternoon get-together at an Elder's home - to let those who don't have the Internet watch the JW TV monthly shows!!!!

Words fail me.

• millie210
    millie210

One of the non positive things about this (what? Just one?) Is that it will inhibit any chance of productive discussion.

A group like that will just generate a lot of ohhs and ahhs and no one will feel free to say anything or question anything.

• Splash
    Splash

These sessions have been organised at our Kingdom Hall.

There was a BOE letter suggesting it should be done for those who have no internet access.

Can't have any missing out on seeing the GB on TV!!

Splash

• St George of England
    St George of England

Most of the old ones I know in the congregation prefer to watch the horse racing on Saturday afternoon.

George

• finally awake
    finally awake

Another wasted afternoon!  so glad I don't have to sit through that crap anymore

• Downtowner
    Downtowner
    My mom's congregation they have a set time on Saturday afternoons at the hall.  One evening she came home, catching me off guard, saying she really enjoyed watching television for the very first time ever and I asked which program and she said "JW.org!".  I rolled my eyes and went in the other room.
  • Da.Furious
    Da.Furious

Same in our congregation is happening!

Last month only 4 people turned up at the brothers house, i think it was more for the food and drink rather to watch.

If he offers alcoholic drinks i may go also!

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy
    Yep, some of our congs are doing the same, screening it so those without internet can watch. Another meeting on the schedule? No thanks!

I'm just grateful my lady wife has shown no interest WHATSOEVER in watching it! (although it could increase cognitive dissonance if she did. hmm maybe I should make her watch it!)
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

But surely if JW's have so much spare time on a Saturday afternoon they should be out door knocking ?

After all, the life-saving message they carry has got to get out there, the Public also have to get to know about JW Broadcasting, so they can hear Tony the Turd rant against higher education etc.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The 144,000 Club is the most watchtarded way to spend time. It's truly for the indoctrinated non-reasoning dubs. 

From a cult standpoint, it's brilliant. The already indoctrinated gather together to hear "Jehovah's" thoughts about education and how important it is to spend time with people who are just like you, that think just like you. 

Everytime the broadcast is mentioned, we should make a positive comment about how much we love the 144,000 Club. I wonder how long it would take for this phrase to catch on? It's so fetch. 😇

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit