Who is the Alpha & Omega?

by edp81 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• edp81
    edp81

Who is the Alpha & Omega in Rev. 1:8, 11; 21:6; 22:13?

Who is the First & Last in Rev. 1:17?

• JeffT
    JeffT

When read in context it is clear that all of these scriptures refer to Jesus. Because this same individual proclaims himself to be God, the Watchtower has to do some major gyrations to apply these verse to Jehovah. In effect, the Watchtower has Jehovah sticking his head through a door in the middle of Jesus talking to announce "I'm the Alpha and Omega" then disappearing again.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

In reality, nobody.

• BeelzeDub
    BeelzeDub

In effect, the Watchtower has Jehovah sticking his head through a door in the middle of Jesus talking to announce "I'm the Alpha and Omega" then disappearing again.

JeffT LOL..... thanks for the laugh.

• Haereticus
    Haereticus

edp81

You might be interested to check this link:

http://quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com/Rev_22-12.htm

Mark

• mouthy
    mouthy

I believe it to be Jesus In Isaiah 44: 6 we read I am the first & the last , apart from me there is no God. We should know that Alpha & Omega ( first & last ) in Rev 1:8 is Jesus then if we turn to Rev 2:8 it says that the first & the last died & came to life again.In my opinion is still Jesus

One thing I believe though is a covenant is a sort of Will. & in Hebrews 9:15,16 it shows that unless someone dies that will is not in effect- Jehovah didnt die! Jesus did... So HE is the Mediator of the New Covenant. Just my opinion .... ( I believe it though that is why I pray to Jesus..... Since the Father said listen to my son- I am doing that, Cant say I alway obey -but I try....

• SwedishChef
    SwedishChef

When taking context into account, it is very clear that it is Jesus who is speaking. No questions about it.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Who then is the "seal of the prophets"?

carmel

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Sorry... couldn't help myself.

Bad Elsewhere! Bad bad bad!

• Adonai438
    Adonai438

LMAO Elswhere

The alpha and omega is God-- I happened to believe in the trinity as the description of Jehovah/Yahweh.

The WT inserts 'Jehovah' into Rev.1:8 in attempts to make it go along with their concept that JEsus is just a created son/a god-- because Isaiah as stated above says its Jehovah that is Alpha and omega- First and last. They can't totally wreck it though because like Mouthey said-- the Alpha and omega later in Rev. says he died and was raised. It gets messy for JWs I prefer to stick with what it says rather than insert thing- personal preferance I guess,lol.

Its interesting they insert Jehovah so discriminantly in the NT. It's also pathetic they feel the need to insert it in the OT too where the original hebrew inspired by God himself didn't put it. But yah know- accuracy isn't their thing.

Ang<><

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit