Serena Williams Sits On US Flag

by dannyboy 8 Replies latest social current

• dannyboy
    dannyboy

Just thought this was an interesting picture.......

Edited to change thread title

Edited by - Dannyboy on 25 January 2003 19:46:25

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Technicly she's not a dub as I understand she's not been baptized. Besides, looking at the potential donations she can make they'll be nice to her.

• dannyboy
    dannyboy

Michael:

Technicly she's not a dub as I understand she's not been baptized

Hmmm. That's news to me. Thought she and her sister were indeed witnesses, but I grasp the distinction you suggest.

I just now searched this site, and find this comment:

The fact that Venus (and her sister Serena) are both active Jehovah's Witnesses participating in the Olympics has provoked an interesting reaction from the organization.

That's from this thread: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=36224&site=3

Can anybody point to something definite on this point? Don't want to call her a witness if she's not...

Thanks, Michael.

---Dan

• dannyboy
    dannyboy

Michael,

I just now changed the thread title to something that I know is completely accurate! LOL.

Thanks again.

---Dan

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

I always thought the flag was not supposed to touch the ground?!?!

If she is a publisher they can reprove her but nothing more. At least that is what I have been lead to believe.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Maybe her privileges will be restricted, like no handling of microphones.

SS

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

When she won this last time, she said, "I'd like to thank my God Jehovah." I can't believe how hypocritical the organisation must be over this, coz we weren't even allowed to participate in after-school sports teams due to bad association.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

shes not saluting it so perhaps they are letting it slide since she is after-all...a star.

• dannyboy
    dannyboy

So, is she or isn't she a Witness?

---Dan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit