"Thinking Ability " and The WTBTS

by Siddhashunyata 13 Replies latest jw friends

• AlanF
    AlanF

Of course, Gizmo! That's what it's there for.

AlanF

• Siddhashunyata
    Siddhashunyata

Alan, thank you for the article. Excellent work. You express what I felt but denied for many years. I think there are many on this board who had such an article in mind but were overwhelmed by the task. Thank you for your tenacity.

• Gizmo
    Gizmo

Spot On Alan, excellent comparisons, Watchtower, Awake, there are none so blind as those who will not see.

Thanks

• Introspection
    Introspection
    I recall an emphasis on "thinking ability" coming from the WTBTS. I believe the point was that a mind trained in Bible principles would have excellent "thinking ability".

What would be really something is if there was the ability to use the mind as a tool rather than identifying with it as if it's the family jewels or something. Of course, mental training is just another way of saying conditioning, the question is whether you know it for what it is. If witnesses could only apply that counsel of "self examination" this would make such a difference, after all your thoughts are not you, they are just things that are going on in your head. It's no wonder people have psychological conflicts and that in turn hinders thinking ability - if you identify with some thoughts, the opposites of those thoughts are also in your mind, and since you're all for this group of thoughts you have to oppose that other group of thoughts in your mind, which only amounts to opposing yourself - it's like a game of pretend gone awry or something..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit