TWO REALLY STUPID QUESTIONS

by MYOHNSEPH 28 Replies latest jw friends

• gumby
    gumby

MYOHNSEPH.

When I came here I waited a long time to ask questions I didn't know.

I had to ask what a fundie, a lurker, and a dub was! Now thats embarrassing

Gumby

• Francois
    Francois
    Click on that symbol to the right of the smilie. OK, hm. So far so good, but I don't see how this is goin to work. Do you click it again at the end of the quote? I'll try.

And...UM.

Pay no attention to the bearded guy. he's just practicing on that quote box thingie.

OH, btw, tatania. How bout OIC , which means what it says?

francois

• Francois
    Francois

That didn't work just like I thought. Look. A quote inside a quote. Ain't that cute? How do you end a quote box and start with regular text?

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    Whenever I have something to put in the quote box, I copy, paste, select the text to be quoted using the mouse, then click the quote icon.

This will: a)enclose whatever you just selected in a quote box; and b) put your cursor below the quote and you should be able to type as normal, as I am doing. If for some reason you start typing and the quote box appears around what you are typing, simply delete what you just typed and click the quote button to turn it off.

What I would like to know is where everybody gets those little animations they put in their posts. Anybody? Anybody?

• back2dafront
    back2dafront

I'm not sure how everyone else does it, but the way I figured out is:

Type or cut and paste your paragraph or sentence.

Then start a new paragraph.

Now go back, select your sentence/paragraph, and hit the quote button.

Afterwards, you should be able to click on the spot where you started a new paragraph/sentence and continue typing.

hope that helps!

-back2dafront

• animal
    animal

You got DILLIGAF right.... it is a term I use when people get high and mighty, trying to control me or my emotions.... or my life.

Animal

• Aztec
    Aztec

Like this one Dan?

Try http://www.clicksmilies.com

Animal, thanks for the clarification! That was driving me nuts trying to figure it out

~Aztec

• MYOHNSEPH
    MYOHNSEPH

Right on, Animal! And the older I get, the more I share that sentiment!

• animal
    animal

As many know here, I tend to stay unemotional.... keeps things clearer for me. I never let anyone define my "feelings" or how I should "be". DILLIGAF is my reply to them.

I really do give a F tho, about lots of things. I just pick my fights.

Animal

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit