Are pets important in your life?

by JH 43 Replies latest jw friends

• Jade
    Jade

My Englsih Bulldog is a very big part of my life. When I come home after a hard day, she's always happy to see me. Even when I'm mad or sad, her goofy face makes me smile

Jade

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

This is my baby....

• Shakita
    Shakita

Wow, Mulan, 17 years old is REALLY old for a cat, isn't it? We had to put down our family dog last year at 15 years old, he was really a mess at the end.....but he was a great dog.

Here is a picture of our kitty. Ashitaka's wife found him as a stray when he was a few months old. They already had a cat, who also was a stray, so we took in San(our kitty). We love him to bits!

Mrs. Shakita

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

We have two kitties and I'd hate to be without them. We'd like to get a dog but we don't think Sophie could handle it. When we got our second kitty her whole personality changed. She was no longer the friendly, give me some attention, kitty she was before. She just couldn't stand the competition. We don't want her to go through that again.

• Kaethra
    Kaethra

Important?? Of course. My two black cats are my babies. I just have to look at them at the end of a hard day at work to feel a swell of love and gratitude. Then, there's the added deliciousness of petting, holding, kissing, playing, and purring (the cats do the purring, not me :) ).

And of course the borg looks down on pet-ownership...takes away time and money that could be better spent in peddling mags service of Jehovah, don't ya know? I think that that's why I was only ever allowed to have cats growing up. Cats do not require nearly as much care as do dogs.

Was I the only child filled with dread at the thought of the ever-imminent Great Tribulation where loyal drones servants of Jah and, by default, their beloved pets would be starved or nearly starved to death? I had horrifying visions of my family killing and eating our pets out of desperation. After all, the bible talks of women who ate their own children under similar circumstances. What is a cat or a dog in comparison? I couldn't bear the thought that my animal companions might meet such a fate. *Shudder* Glad that those mental ghosts have been banished forever!

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I LOVE my animals and want more. But my hubby will leave me if I do......hehe. He has a black lab who adores, no , worships him. She is so smart and has such a personality, she hids under the bed if she thinks he is upset or if there is a heated family debate going on.

I have a Pug,,,,,,he is a pill. He snuggles up to me or any warm body for that matter and loves everyone, even when my hubby makes him fighting mad. They like to fight. Then the pug just lays at his feet.

I have two kittens 6 months old, male and female, and I am sure the female is about to come in heat or has,,,,,, the male makes the most pitiful cries,,,,, walking around the house since they got this age. He is the sweetest cat I have ever had, and I have had many, he will rub his face on you all day long, he jumps from the floor to my shoulders, he is always sleeping on my head.

If I could have a farm I would be satisfied . I would have these animals: Horse, pig, lamb, goat, chickens, more dogs, more cats, and a rooster , I love to hear them .

I really miss having a horse,,,,,,,, I would love to spend time again out in the barn, ,, growing up it was such secret place to go, the horses always loved my singing,,,lol,,,,,,and I used to love to go sit in the loft to think.

One time we got bad news about a brother that got hurt in a hunting accident, he couldnt walk after it. Well, later we got worse news he shot himself, because he was so sad,,,,,,,,, When my dad told me ,,,,,,, the first and only place I could think of to go was to the barn,,,,,,,,,,,,When I got there my mother had beat me to it, I guess it was her secret place too. We both cried together there on the hay stacks. Thinking back now, I remember alot of good talks with my mom and dad while we were in that barn. Sorry, kind of got off subject there.......but that is how my mind goes.....

I wouldnt want to be without my animals, even if they do like to get you back for leaving them , by taking a dump in the living room.

• razorMind
    razorMind

Yep.

I LOVE cats. My husband does too. I'm most partial to black ones, calicos, and crazily patched tortoiseshells. I've always wanted to live in the country, in the middle of nowhere, and have about a zillion cats. I'd have clean living spaces, plenty of food, water, nicely built cat runs, veterinary care, etc.--they'd be very well taken care of. Of course, this is all just a dream.

In reality, I am an asthmatic AND deathly allergic to them. I haven't had cats in my life in years. So we have a little panda-bear hamster. (I'd love to have a guinea pig but they bother my allergies too) He's very sweet and lovable.

ChrisVance, my sister had a dog for a while, and her cat went through the same thing. She was a wreck and the dog had to go to another home.

• ARoarer
    ARoarer

I have been reading all of these posts about how much pets mean to us and I noticed how everyone has given so much detail to describing how much they love their pets. I have not been posting much lately though I do love to keep up with everyone here and what is going on. But reading all your comments has inspired me to want to share how much my pets mean to me and my family. Pongo, the black pug is 10 yrs. old, Pricilla, the 'fawn" pug is 8mths, Goliath, the yellow lab is 11, Sebastian, the English Bull Dog, is 7yrs old. We have a cat, Casey, 2 love birds, Chloe, and Quakers, and a house bunny names Russ, and 3 horses, a Palomino named Moonlight, 6 yrs old, a thoroughbred/quarter horse filly named Princess, 3yrs old, and a Trakhener, named Airmosa, she is 5. A lot of pets that give a lot of love, and I don't know where to start in telling something wonderful about each one.

LYINEYES, I so love my pugs, especially right now, Pongo who has been very sick this year and we don't kmow how much longer he will be with us. We have taken him to the hospital 3 times since November for a colapsed trachea, and a stroke. But he is still a lovable little spunky dog with a big dog attitude.

• truthseekers2
    truthseekers2

Cat FANATIC here. I own tons of books about cats and am reading about them online all the time. I have two kitty rescues and plan to breed and show spotted domestics (Egyptian Mau, Ocicat, Bengal) when the kids are a bit older. I may even dabble a bit in exotic hybrids eventually.

I also am going to get my animal rehabilitation license soon so I can rescue and rehabilitate abandoned and injured animals. Bottle feeding a baby squirrel is the sweetest thing, let me tell ya! My daughter is going to become a vet tech. I'm so proud! She is NUTS about dogs and horses in particular.

Now that I have TIME (no meeting, no service! ), I can reach for MY dreams, and those dreams most certainly include pets and animals in them.

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

I'll probably regret writing this, but yes pets are important. I'm still grieving for my Sheltie, Brandon.

He died Jan. 5, 2002. It's been a year. I told myself I'd give it a year. Well I'm still crying.

So maybe it's time to seek help. I can't see to type.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit