Email from a JW wannabe

by Quotes 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Quotes, thank you for sharing that with us.

I read Andy's letter, and your response, which I feel was adeptly written, and well responded to (Andy's letter).

It shall be interesting to see whether Andy gains some insight, and not disbelieve or question all the info you have presented to him. Some people are odd, you can give them proof beyond a shadow of a doubt, and yet, they'll still question it.

Let's hope he is gaining a better understanding of the WTBTS with the information you have given/shared with him.

• Quotes
    Quotes

This reminds me of an expression I have been "mocking" lately:

"I refuse to believe"

Think about it for a second: you can say "I don't believe", which generally means you have not seen any evidence or proof to believe something. But when someone says "I *REFUSE* to believe" they are saying that the evidence is not important. You could have all the proof in the world, but they have actually chosen to refuse to believe.

I think this explains Dub (and Dub-Wannabe) mentality concisely.

~Quotes.

Edited by - Quotes on 29 January 2003 15:30:31

• joenobody
    joenobody

Pure poetry Quotes. I am going through a tough time right now with my JW family and I wish I could be half as eloquent when speaking with them.

• starfish422
    starfish422

Quotes, you have a lot more patience than I would. :) Good luck, I hope you are making a dent!

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Q: What plain common sense you use in your arguments! Man, I felt like I was at a District Convention watching a Bible Drama (in reverse..) ...... Good work!

• kelpie
    kelpie

WOW! thats all i can say

• Quotes
    Quotes

Update: Just got this from Andy:

[Quotes],

I need to do some more research to properly respond to your latest comments. I'll

keep in touch.

Andy

I hope that he is sincere, and not just blowing me off because he can't answer my question. I'll let you know if anything develops.

Edited by - Quotes on 30 January 2003 23:5:48

• starfish422
    starfish422

Quotes: There are none so blind as those who will not see.

• Sparks
    Sparks

Hi again Quotes, I thanked you earlier in this thread, and would like the thankyou again....You have strenghend my belief that I made the right decission on dissfellowshiping the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society. Before reading your posts above, I was only 100% positive I`d done the right thing in divorcing them..., NOW I`m so certain, I can`t even begin to measure how positive I feel. I was born into the religion, and married it( baptized) in 1972, and buried my head in the sand-refusing to hear one word against it, rather like a very loyal husband refusing to believe one word against his partner....But there comes a point where you just can`t ignor the evidence. Well, I had all the evidence I needed months ago,and divorced her, but felt a great loss-- due to my loyalty. But all the above^ evidence has made me feel really glad to be free now.And I feel clean now....I could never stay in an organization that sheilds child molesters etc.. In the dictionary, to murder some-one, is to take their life. Adolf Hitler put 6 million people to death in the gas chambers.The Jehovah`s witnesses are taking away 6 million lives,( in a less phyical way...). Jesus was spot-on when he said `money is the root of all evil....

A billion thanks again Quotes...

P.S It warmed my heart to hear about your re-union with Beans..A lot of goods come out of your friendship, I am just one of many-MANY thats benefited from it. Please can you tell us your illustration of the house,a fire,and a warning...we`re all waitng.Even if Andy doesen`t reply.....Thanks Quotes, your my Hero !

• Beans
    Beans

Sparks, it warms my heart 2! I have always said that in life you are lucky to have a handfull of friends that you can trust with your deepest and most personal things(a true friend), and Quotes is one of them!

And he's a fine apostate as well !!!

Beans

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit