Truth about new tax plan....

by Xander 15 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

Heathen, I agree that we should eliminate the income tax, but we do have to have some tax after all, so how do you propose that we do this? As my lost post shows, I favor a federal sales tax.

• heathen
    heathen

If I remember correctly it had something to do with a tax on imports . They stated they could fund the government without raising taxes to american citizens . What I liked most about Harry Brown and the libertarian party was their desire to revive the spirit and liberties and freedoms that are outlined in the constitution . I suggest you visit the libertarian site for more accurate details . It's not fresh in my mind at the moment but sure made sense to me when I heard what he was saying and went to the website.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Exander, may I interest you to check this site out, http://www.theft-by-deception.com I think you will find it most interesting, especially reading his challenge to the IRS and sending letters and video's to Bush and Ashcroft, etc.

Guest 77

• jelly
    jelly

BUSH TAX PLAN:

Problems:
    Where the bush tax plan falls short is that it accomplishes nearly nothing. It will put more money back into the economy, which will provide a temporary boost to the economy but is defiantly not a permanent fix. Really, this solution is hardly better than the tax rebate everyone got back last year. It addresses none of the underlying issues that are slowing down the American economy and does nothing as far as permanent solutions. Also, a large portion of Americans own stock in the market via 401ks which are already tax exempt so no there will be no direct benefit; although there will be indirect ones through an increased portfolio value.

Largest Benefit:
    The one benefit to the bush plan is that it will probably push the stock market 10% higher, which will in turn enable companies that sell new stock to gain 10% more income for capitol purchases. In essence making more money available to industry to buy more capitol, leading, theoretically, to industry that is more efficient and thus leading to a strengthened economy. But, with interest as low as it is companies have no difficulty now obtaining money for capitol purchases, in effect there is no shortage of money, so this solution will solve a non-existent problem. What there is a shortage of at the moment is demand. This has more to do with a nervous population than any real economic factors.

What needs to happen:
    I am a firm believer in targeted tax cuts. For example, pass a tax cut for students tuition and more people will go to school leading to a more educated and productive workforce. Tax cuts are a way the government can point an economy in the direction that best benefits society as a whole. Note, I dont believe a government can control an economy they can just encourage certain behavior that is beneficial for a nation. I think the government needs to push two big tax cuts, one for small business (under 50 emps) that provide health care to their employees, the government should give business a large percentage of what they pay back. In reality, this is only fair as larger companies can bargain with insurance companies for better prices, small companies have no power and are at the whims of the insurance company. Two, a huge cut in payroll taxes for small business, this will allow smaller business to pay more (hopefully) and would also juice the economy with more money.

To be fair:
    At least bush has a plan. The democrats have come up with nothing, the last rumor I heard was they were going to offer a tax rebate along the lines of what bush did last year. It really is inexcusable for them not to have at least some plan in the works after a 2 year economic down turn. Also, and this might not set well with some of you, the economy is not as bad as some people are making it out to be. Low interest and unemployment, this is not that bad of a recession at all. What has happened is that certain segments of the economy (telecom, tech) is completely screwed, and certain large companies are going belly up (kmart) so it makes the problem seem much worse than it is.

• musky
    musky

What gets me is the tax system is so difficult, Most people need to pay someone for help( professional, tax software) just to fill out the stinkin forms! And if we make a mistake and pay to little, The IRS can go back at least 3 years and charge us all the interest on it besides. WOW! It would actually pay big for the IRS to sit back and wait to check over the forms, then collect the interest.

• freedom96
    freedom96

I like larcs idea, but I am in a big way a fan of the flat tax. Really, that is what is fair to all. One percentage, across the board.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit