My Husband Ran Off With Another Witness!

by Tower Man 22 Replies latest jw friends

• found
    found

Just to clarify, they never "ran off" together. So to most of the congregation, things were normal. Guess most people never know. Funny how that whole "don't say anything" seems to favor the perpetrators more than the innocent huh?

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

The most breathtakingly sordid affairs that I have ever witnessed all happened in Jerhover's Clean Organization (tm).

And why not? If you do the dirty deed, all you have to do is sit in back and keep quiet for 6 months, and everything's OK. If you're in good standing with the org, you're in good standing with God. And anybody who still takes issue with you after your reinstatement is slanderous and is subject to elder harrassment themselves.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

This stuff goes on everywhere, no matter what image people project. The JW's are not any different than any other human being.

There is nothing new under the sun, and the needs of a human being usually override the conscience in the long run. People are people. People are human. If we don't watch ourselves, we could slip as well.

We had stuff going on in our congregation that would curl your toes. But everyone kept quiet. Those wives who suffered physical abuse and marital infidelity took nerve medicine and tried to hold their head up high. While these men of power were disfellowshipping and chastising others, they were doing the same things, even worse. Such hypocrisy!! Makes me want to puke!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit