What does your baptism mean to you now?

by GiftsinMen 59 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• GiftsinMen
    GiftsinMen
    I was baptised on 1st Sept 1990, 25years ago today. It is still a date with deep meaning for me. I NEVER dedicated my life to serving any man or any organisation, this was my choice - as a grown adult - to serve my God through Jesus Christ. Despite suffering at the hands of the Borg and recognising them for what they are, a dangerous, money-grabbing, soul-less corporation, my dedication to my God remains. The Borg's abuses left me unable to read the bible for quite some years without being reminded of their attempts to destroy and control me but various loving scriptures stayed with me throughout the trauma and continued to reach my heart. I discarded the NWT early on to avoid the deep pain of their betrayal. I know some have been left with no belief in a God at all or only think of Him as a tortuous monster and I believe this alone identifies the Borg as the evil anti-christ. I had to lock away my heart and soul for safe-keeping whilst I allowed the burning rage to surface and run its course. I became quite a fan of the F-word (only that word would do) determined to get it out all of my system. I felt heard and understood on the deepest level and didn't worry about swearing, it was cathartic! My God knows me well and no idiot elders or bonkers organisation can ever change that.
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

Hi GiftsinMen:-

Firstly I also think there is nothing wrong with the " f" word. I do think however it can be over used like the word " love" and i think If we use over use these words they loose the impact.

Now to your question " What does my baptism mean to me" I am tempted to say it once meant " love" but it now means " f...k" but I don't want to over use those words on something that now means "nought" "zero" and " nothing" to me.

All I would add is sometimes, somethings takes time but you will heal....and it will get better.

The Rebel.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

GIftsinmen, I am sorry that you had to endure the lies of the WTS. Some people have found comfort in reading the bible without the distortions, half truths/half lies and out right manipulation that the WTS inserts in the true word of God.

You;ll probably find that you have to overcome thoughts and ideas that have been crammed down your throat for years. With time and research, you'll find that you'll be able to move on and find a balance of life and prayer.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and everyone else who now feels "Where could I go?"

Answer= forward

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Bollox ... the picture of the 100 trillion dollar Zimbabwe banknote didn't show

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

It means that I was a deluded child wanting to please my parents, peers and get a girlfriend. I was duped by a money grabbing corporation pretending to be a religion.

At least the water was warm at the time.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    My baptism = a bad decision made by a 15 year old kid equivalent to signing scientology's billion year contract. A decision pressured on me adults mainly in my own family pushing the idea of "get in the ark quick here comes the rain."
  • GiftsinMen
    GiftsinMen

Hi Rebel and TTWSYF, My soul is calm and at peace. I moved through years ago and it was only because of this that i felt able to publish my story this year without any lingering pain or hurt. I didn't want to write in anger. I don't need or want to go anywhere, I am exactly where I need to be. My God has cared for me well. Thank you for your thoughts and concern

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Agreed LoveUnHateExams:-

But " GIftsinMen" got baptised and made a dedication to " God" and that dedication is very commendable and sincere. All I would add is your user name " GiftsinMen" does not balance with the bible passage " Do not put your trust in man". So you do what your heart tells you and your heart will " hear" and answer " at the deepest level" and don't let us or any " idiot elders or bonkers organisation change that"

The Rebel.

p.s maybe iam over using the word " love" but "loved" your term " bonkers"

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Thanks for the lovely reply " Giftsinmen".

We are both newbies here but welcome.

Take Care Always.

The Rebel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit