Mormon church dn the decline

by Joker10 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Joker10
    Joker10

Who thinks here that Witnesses outnumber Mormons? Check out the above link. Very interesting. Only 1 out of 4 are active and the membership stats include people who leave but dont turn a resignation letter.

"The LDS Address Unknown File (or "Lost Address File") consists of individuals who were once baptized but cannot be located. In Poland, the Address Unknown File represents approximately 10% of total membership. It is not known whether this is lower or higher than in other nations. The total number of names in the worldwide Address Unknown File has not been publicly released, but the file has been described as "huge" and "surprisingly large" by church employees with access to the data. Church membership department employees confirm that individuals in the "Address Unknown File" are counted as full members and included on statistical reports until the age of 110 or until proof of death can be located."

So after all this said, do you think Witnesses outnumber?

Sorry...the link is this one:

http://www.cumorah.com/report.html

• Mulan
    Mulan

Even with those numbers, of inactive ones, I doubt it would compare to the JW's. Last time I saw a statistic on the Mormons, was in US News and World Report. There were 22 million of them then...........last year sometime. JW's only have 6 million, and I think that is padded a bit.

• larc
    larc

Joker, on another thread you attempted to show the great increase in the Witnesses. I pointed out that their increase is minimal. I provided the cite where you could see the information for yourself. I summarized the information on the trend over the last 60 years. You did not respond to any of these statistics. Why is that?

• Mutz
    Mutz

So after all this said, do you think Witnesses outnumber?

Who gives a rats ar5e anyway? :)

• Joker10
    Joker10

What I meant to say on the other thread was that the publishers IN THE U.S. MAY get momentum in the next few years. I was not talking about worldwide. As for the site: Ive visited that site before, and I keep country records myself, so I do know the trend.

Edited by - Joker10 on 24 January 2003 12:49:1

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

The Great Crown which no man is able to number is exactly 6,186,374

*****Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit