What will humans look like in 1000000 years?
Holding my new grandson yesterday(two days old) he made me think about his future. I hope you are right VI,
"as for JWs and Christianity they may both disappear if our world were to become a better place to live in". I'm optimistic and I really believe it will....
In 1963, THE OUTER LIMITS tv show, proposed that we would look like this!
"My head jar will be filled up with gin." - LoveUniHateExams
Make mine Cold River, please!
As Dr. Phil says, the best predictor of the future is the past. Having said that, there are both positives and negatives associated with our evolution. Regardless of the technology, it's going to come down to natural selection and the types of males/females determined to be the fittest given the 2 possibilities listed below.
1. Intelligent people are ascending at the fastest pace in history. This isn't surprising, as we move farther away from the feeler/perceivers so common amongst our ancestors and when being a feeler/perceiver was an evolutionary advantage.
2. Along with intelligence, education is being rewarded at the fastest pace in history. Trump's primary supporters were from groups with little education post high school. These thrived in the past because the best paying jobs - and a commensurate amount of girls and opportunities to pass along DNA - were blue collar construction and manufacturing jobs. Even before the industrial revolution, those with a strong back thrived at a higher rate. A perfect example of this is that the overwhelming majority of jobs created during the recent recession went to college grads. Or to put it another way, it's the Revenge of the Nerds. And the Hipsters.
3. Longer lives with improved health.Without a doubt, longevity has greatly contributed to our advancement. How many titans of the past 100 years, such as Steve Jobs and others, would have survived long enough to contribute in the preceding 100,000 years?
4. Less poverty, more freedom, democracy and egalitarianism. Natural selection will look much different when everyone gets a fair shake at life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. An example: Experts suggest that 1 in 200 men are descendants of Genghis Khan. To the victor goes the spoils, for a certainty.
5. The ascendancy of science and the rationals, closely linked to the above. For most of human existence, it didn't pay so much to be rational when feeling/perceiving/reacting were more likely to save your life and allow you to pass along your DNA. That is changing, as we (and when I say we I mean me) make fun of the feeler/perceiver/reactionaries now. Cause they deserve it.
6. The decline of religion. Need I say more?
7. An understanding by the world's inhabitants that we all need to get along and play along. Austria's vote yesterday is one example. The more we work together the less likely we are to kill one another.
8. A continuing reduction in overall rates of violent crime, rape, murder, etc.
1. Entitlement - Enabling sloth and irresponsible behaviors ensures we will see more of ithem. For 100,000 years these types of people didn't live long enough typically to pass along DNA. The cave and clan sent them packing to the wolves. Now we send them a check every month and allow them to breed.
2. Potential for cataclysmic events that could send us spiraling back into kill or be killed, eat or be eaten. Such as Global Nuclear War, Climate. If the fittest returns to being Genghis, we will backslide, as the gorilla will get the girls and pass along their DNA.
3. Lack of self control - Drugs, obesity are global threats. We molly coddle those lacking self control. And these are not diseases. They are personality shortcomings. I think the new Pres. of the Phillipines is onto something. We enable the weak willed, the obese, the addicts; we will get more of them, and that cannot be a good thing for our DNA.
sparky:Outer Limits "proposed we look like this". I hope not, no hats in the future.
Maybe like this...
Funchback: I guess you can say human would be like the folks in the movie "Mad Max road warriors".
HA!!! Yup, pretty much.
JWs, or JMs as they will then be known as, will still be here in a 100K years and in a million years. According to their December 756,896 CE issue of the e-zine The Worldtower, published by WorldTower Real Estate and Tax Haven Society, of which I have an advanced leaked copy, it says:
"Evidently, when Elder-electus Tony Morris XXXIII re-wrote the holy passages in 20,036 he discovered that by adding zeros, which in ancient English carried no value, to the thousand year reign of his primus godfather, Anthony Morris III, it overlapped into a myriad-of-myriads of years. Yes, Jehovah's Morrisses rejoice and look forward to the return of Tony and his rulership from the Asgardia tax haven in the heavens."