Can God touch those with Alzheimers?

by StopTheTears 12 Replies latest jw friends

• StopTheTears
    StopTheTears

My father was diagnosed with Alzheimers disease.

Before his dementia grew worse he requested to be baptized in Jesus name.

When I see him and hear him talk now it is nothing less than a miracle from God. Even though he has forgotten most things he has not forgotten about God.

In fact Jesus is all he talks about which he never did before. He was an alcoholic and tobacco user who wanted nothing to do with God.

This week he began asking to be filled with the Holy Spirit. He specifically said he wanted to speak in tongues. Pray that God will give him this desire of his heart.

• SecretSlaveClass
    SecretSlaveClass
    Really guy?😏
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

The "tongues" - along with the other gifts - ceased before your dad was born.

(1 Corinthians 13:8) "Love never fails. But if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away with; if there are tongues, they will cease."

I'm sure he'll be OK, though.

• violias
    violias

That's great," whatever gets him and you through the night- is alright...". If we believe the Bible we know it does not require great knowledge to be accepted by God. Jesus said about those having the faith of a child .

http://www.openbible.info/topics/faith_of_a_child

If your father is happy and you are able to watch over him a bit, then I am very happy for you both. As far as faith healing, don't expect it. I know there are folks who swear it has happened but just deal with your dad as he is and support him.

• azor
    azor
    Tell this to the thousands upon thousands of Christians who lose their children to disease and accidents.
  • violias
  • steve2
    steve2

How wonderful that your father has embraced a faith that gives him a great deal of comfort, joy and sense of renewal.

My partner comes from a Hindu background and confirms that people who find answers in their faith and take steps to symbolize their deepened faith often do so much better than those who are not comforted by faith.

• Quarterback
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    But what is the dark side of Judeo/Christian/Islamist faith? To either exterminate those who are outside of their faith or at the very least consider them worthy of infinite and eternal torture (which shows gross disrespect even if they don't kill them)?
  • millie210
    millie210

Hi Village,

In this case we are talking about an older gentleman with Alzheimers.

Whatever works, I say.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit