The Teacher

by compound complex 12 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

An unwelcome dawn comes creeping upward, her tendrils straddling the dark mountain so terribly near my once sweet but now quaking refuge called home of the heart.

I peer through panes that give onto a landscape of horror that, to some, appears pristine but to me is a reminder that he has been swallowed up by a wood both black and cruel.

Daring to venture forth, I hear his voice . . .

He calls out, so faintly, begging I rescue him from a jail that holds him fast against all escape; though myself a liberated man, I cannot free the one I taught the truth.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Would that I could compose a lyrical, poetic reply, but, - woe and alas! My creative abilities seem to have gone the way of my once awesome memory.

Hi, CoCo.

• Dumplin
    Dumplin
    let'r rip tater chip
  • rip van winkle
    rip van winkle
    🌝🌼
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

So now my once alert, proud and stubborn heart, bleeds when he wishes to speak. A heart which has grown expressionless to all words of daytime " truth". Now such daytime thoughts are only received in weary pain. But at night, a sleep on a hard bed my heart can still call out "faintly begging that I should rescue" that bleeding membrane, and allow him escape in to the weary fantasy of dreams...

The Rebel.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, snowbird, Dumplin, Rip and The Rebel:

I enjoyed what you wrote, The Rebel. There are times when we feel so helpless, but can we stop loving or hoping?

CC

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Thanks Compound, tell me have you ever tried " free writing" which is just writing with out giving any thought ?

The Rebel.

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

What does the unwelcomed dawn represent?

• compound complex
    compound complex

The Rebel:

Most of what I have written here is free writing; only recently have I returned to prune out dead wood! My nature has always been one of spontaneity -- devil may care?

Bonsai:

An unwelcome dawn comes creeping upward, her tendrils straddling the dark mountain so terribly near my once sweet but now quaking refuge called home of the heart.

It took me a while to answer! Sorry. Thinking back to actual times of childhood, the dark mountain was, literally, Loma Prieta. Ordinarily, one welcomes the new day; however, the dawn that broke upon our desolate cabin in the Santa Cruz mountains presaged gloom and despair: a murder had been committed in the entryway of our hovel somewhat before our moving in. Metaphorically, this unfortunate occurrence has cast a pall over my life. Even my heart of hearts has been scathed. Of course, I'm taking this event and transmuting it into a reason for the emotional instability that has colored my little life.

I'm a story teller, not a realist. Then I learned the Truth and -- subsequently -- TTATT. The so-called dark and cruel wood of religious error swallowed me and my students alive. I have been freed but what of them who remain jailed? Talk about blowing things out of proportion. Thanks for asking . . .

CoCo

• compound complex

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit