Where's this going? American soldiers call on Jehovah

by fulltimestudent 17 Replies latest jw friends

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

The song is 'Days of Elijah,' and the bit I'm referring to is about half way through, as they sing, "there is no God like Jehovah":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjZ_IlP9c5A

• carla
    carla
    jw's are not the only group to use the word jehovah, others simply do not insist you use it in order to gain salvation. They also use Lord and Savior. Trust me, these fine Marines are NOT jw's. The word 'jehovah' does not hold the same meaning for jw's and Christians who will at times use the word. God is nearly 2 different beings for the two groups. (not going to do a trinity discussion with you but yeah, that's the general direction) Semper Fi
  • SuziDrums
    SuziDrums
    Yep. It's true. If the dubs got out more often, they'd realize that "Name" isn't trademarked and other churches use it. Dwee!
  • barry
    barry

When I went to the SDAs they have a hymnbook and many of the hymns are Anglican or written by other christians. Many hymns have the name Jehovah in them 'Oh though great Jehovah ' and many more.

When praying other christians don't use in general the mantra of Jehovah

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    Oh thou great jehovah is a standard in almost all hymn books. My pastor usually uses 'Yahweh.' Not every Sunday but on a regular basis.
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Yep it's even in a lot of Bibles.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

I've heard audios of Michele Bachman (Yes that Michele) use the name Jehovah in a rapturous prayer she was giving.

I've seen two movies where the main actor uses the name Jehovah.

One of them, The Apostle, was produced and starred by Robert Duvall who played the part of charismatic Pentecostal preacher. He was giving a shouted prayer in which he repeatedly mentioned "Jehovah!"

The other was a movie, April Morning, about the American Revolution in which the actor, Tommy Lee Jones, sings a hymn to Jehovah.

On one occasion I was walking through a neighborhood on a job assignment and I ran into a group of charismatic worshippers in a warehouse setting standing with arms outstretched mentioning the name Jehovah over and over again.

And if you don't mind the name pronounced Yahweh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWB9dkNnbW8&feature=player_detailpage

• Closer to Fine
    Closer to Fine
    Several months ago a jw told me the reason he knew it was the truth was because they are the only religion using Jehovah's name and that they alone were given permission from Jehovah to use his name. He explained that once the gb were given permission they then changed the name to Jehovah's witnesses. He would truly be shocked to see this video.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

The 5:40 minute mark is where Jehovah's dear name is used in vain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QgTKjcm5iI&feature=player_detailpage#t=340

• millie210
    millie210

Its really too bad isnt it?

Jehovah is just a name. It can and should be used by anyone who wants to in any song or book.

BUT...the JWs have given it such a bad connotation that the name is controversial and conjures up bad feelings in people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit