they are coming to get me

by Curious Mind 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• Curious Mind
    Curious Mind

A bit of background first. I was raised a jw and baptized at 15 although to say i was dedicated was stupid, anyway began to fade with my wife after we were married and finally broke away about 10 years ago although we were not da,d or df,d. Three years ago i decided to do what i had always wanted to and joined the airforce which i am immensly proud of and enjoy greatly ,somrthing i could never say about being a jw. Now comes the problem ,my family with the exception of my dad are all jw still as are my wife,s family and all know i am in the airforce because i was honest and told them so. Also my wife,s stepfather is an elder, to his credit when i told him he said because i had no contact with the congo he would just let it sleep, however today he told me the society has decided they need to check up on people like me to find out there status and that he has told the elders there is an issue concerning me and that by my actions i have da,d myself but that it was a loving thing on the orgs part to check on my spiritual welfare. after 10 years and not an elder in sight i think its a little late. Who are they protecting, the congo who i have no contact with ? The only thing this will do is stop our family seeing us because it certainly wont make me beg forgiveness and renounce my evil warmongering ways as they see it So now i am waiting the knock on the door and isnt that going to be an interesting conversation because if they think they have any jurisdiction over me they really are deluded.

Bye for now Mr curious.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Tell 'em to get stuffed!

• Brumm
    Brumm

Sorry to hear that curious, just remember you dont have to tell them anything, you owe them no explantion or confession. Let them just get it second hand off other people and refuse to answer any questions.

Its possible they will claim you D'ad yourself by your actions but if you tell them nothing its all down to gossip.

Edited by - Brumm on 23 January 2003 0:59:0

• AS IF
    AS IF

It never ceases to amaze me. 9 times out of ten, we have left because of the ill treatment of the congregation and the overall lack of love, or if you've"sinned" against some stupid "principal" they practically chase you out cuz they really don't want you there. (that's message I got)

Then TEN years later they need to punish you some more?????????????????????????

Bunch o stinkin rotten jacks with nothing better to do than to try to run and ruin someone else's life.

Eaten by Birds

• avishai
    avishai

If they tell you they are going to da you, tell them you will sue the ever living $hit out of them. This has worked in the past, & I believe they have been sued successfully over their stance on the armed forces. Then, see if they da you, I highly doubt it will happen. If they do, sue them on the basis that they belonged to a militaristic org. (the UN) & have investments in military tech.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Unbelievable!

I was wondering if the witch-hunt had reached Australia yet. If you get a visit, let us know how it goes.

• Shakita
    Shakita

Hi curious:

however today he told me the society has decided they need to check up on people like me to find out there status and that he has told the elders there is an issue concerning me and that by my actions i have da,d myself but that it was a loving thing on the orgs part to check on my spiritual welfare. after 10 years and not an elder in sight i think its a little late.

Don't you just FEEL the LOVE?! Hang in there, they are all just a bunch of losers looking to make themselves feel special by destroying other people's lives. Sick , sick, sick.

Mrs. Shakita

• bittersweet
    bittersweet

It amuses me to see what mind control these elders under.For years they don't bother you,then suddenly the society tells them to reach out to inactive ones,and BOOM,they're at your door!

I just found out yesterday that the elders came to my door a few weeks ago.Thank god I was sleeping! I don't quite know why my husband didn't tell me this until yesterday,but that's beside the point.He told them at a meeting that I wouldn't welcome a visit from them right now,maybe not ever,lol.Thank goodness for small favors.

If they come to your door,don't answer it.If they call,don't talk to them.Like others said,whatever they decide to do with you,it will all be based on gossip,not your words.

I wish you well.

• garybuss
    garybuss

The Watch Tower Publishing Corporation and ALL their agents can kiss my butt. If they have anything important to me, I give it to them now. ANYONE who would shun and snub me because the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation or their agents tells them to, I don't want in my life AT ALL. I give them back to the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation now.

I am ashamed to ever have been associated with the Jehovah's Witness franchise owned by The Watch Tower Publishing Corporation, and I think the idea of a Governing Body who communicates with a ghost or a god is preposterous. I demand all who the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation controls, shun and snub me. I disfellowship them!

Any questions?

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

Amazing. Further amazing that the family is so 'programmed' that they 'turn you in' at the drop of a pin (drop of a WT?) Surely the family knows that you will never come back, and have been content to leave it alone for years. But at the bidding of their master they are ready to 'help' you. Will they also be good little JWs and kick you out of their lives once the official DA label is applied?

The 'love' in this org is amazing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit