• Siddhashunyata
    Siddhashunyata

Alternative 1 ---Believe

Alternative 2---Don't believe

ALTERNATIVE 3 ---GO BEYOND BELIEVE and DON'T BELIEVE

If you understand this please post.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Just a question,why can't the third alternative be: Go beyond the second alternative and believe. Blueblades

• Satanus
    Satanus

My guess would be that the third alt is to not belive, and to not not believe, at the same time. That would be just observing.

SS

• stichione
    stichione

I don't beleive this!

• Siddhashunyata
    Siddhashunyata

GOOD STUFF ! Keep going. The Third alternative has to do with what happens when the mind stops dealing with opposites.... ie belief and not belief. We think that we must have either a position of belief or no belief . Incredible amountsof energy are beng spent to establish the credibility of the believer and the non believer. The truth is that a third alternative appears in all its glory when we question the process itself. That is when we realize that believing and nondbelieving constitutes a single thing. A Process . A function. It is natural to the mind. That is, the mind cannot function in any other way except to think in contra terms ie something is or something is not. But the Third alternative is this : The mind without the process. Somthing happens when the process stops. There is not a void or collapse . Perception becomes primary and reveals truth in an unexpected way. The result is understanding .

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

That would make #3 "I don't know"

outoftheorg

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Perception becomes primary and reveals truth in an unexpected way. The result is understanding .

Yes, and that truth, that understanding, is "I don't know" or, you don't know. And when that is the truth, it is a beautiful thing, an honest thing, and the right thing, to admit it. It is not, however, something most humans are comfortable admiting, even to themselves.

Edited by - SixofNine on 22 January 2003 22:54:51

• Siddhashunyata
    Siddhashunyata

outoftheorg, it would appear that the third alternative would be "I don't know " but,(please bear with me) that is the original process still being used. Something like this is taking place: "I'm not sure therfore, I don' t know. " Whereas the third alternative says: Not knowing is a preliminary holding pattern of the original process. In this state the mind would be seeking to believe or not believe. Or it would be resigned to not knowing. This is the essence of Agnosticism The third alternative opposes this process completly. It says: "All of that is one thing . A function of the mind. It's need to always deal with opposites." It says, "the mind will sit in a holding pattern until it can decide between two opposites. Or it will simply conclude it cannot decide and move on to another subject."

The third alternative is to stop this process altogether and watch what happens.. That is, no choosing, no judging a thing as good or bad , no analyzing, no thinking about what is in front of you. Just look! This is not easy but, it will prove to you that alternatives 1and 2 are definitly interfering with Alternative three ...

Alternative Three leads to understanding.

• wednesday
    wednesday

so your mind got and 'illegal operations" error form windows?

• siegswife
    siegswife

To believe, not to believe, to understand. Interesting.

I think the way it's supposed to work when the process is reversed is:

not to believe, to believe, to be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit