Never had a crazy JW-related dream until today

by onightdivine 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• onightdivine
    onightdivine

In my dream a while ago, the WT had already started "encouraging" everyone to contribute 30. Either it meant at least 30 hours of "preaching" or 30% tithe.

The next scene is when we all stood up for the opening song at the KH, and lo and behold - the opening lyrics went on like (this is vague but you'll understand the context anyway):

What a privilege it is to serve the kingdom

Join in the worldwide work

Have we all exerted efforts

And unselfishly gave our 30.... ?

At this point everyone just looked at each other with an embarrassed "what the heck was that about" smile. I'm not making this up but yay, that was a crazy insane dream.

Anyone else have similar experiences to share?

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog
    I dreamed I was accidentally stark naked at the book study, but I'm sure we've all had similar nightmares.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

I used to have occasionally recurring dreams that I was back at the Kingdom Hall not wanting to be there but not wanting to be impolite by leaving.

Like the song Hotel California, "You can check any time you want, but you can never leave".

• Dissonant15
    Dissonant15

VI, I just recently used those lyrics to describe JW life.

NBdog, yes I've had many a naked at the meeeting dream. Also naked in a judicial meeting dreams, which are even worse.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Like the song Hotel California, "You can check any time you want, but you can never leave".

Thats the anthem of NA & AA - funny being a dub has so many similarities, religous addiction, cult addiction

Had the naked at KH dreams, dreamt I was having sex with a bookstudy too

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I have frequent dreams of being at assembly, not unpleasant (not like the real thing, lol)

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Diogenesister:

"dreamt I was having sex with a bookstudy too"

How do you have sex with a book study? Were you, like, doing it with everybody in attendance? Serious question 😋

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I've had dreams of simple being in attendance at a meeting or a convention.

Scary shit!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit