Month -to-month statistics for U.S

by Joker10 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Joker10
    Joker10

These are the number of publishers in the U.S. 9excluding Alaska and Hawaii) for every month of the 2000, 2001, and 2002 service year. Just take a look at the number of publishers in May of 2001 compare to that same month of 2002. A whopper! An increade of 4%!
    What Im missing here is the statistics for Oct of 2002 aand Nov 2002, as you can see. If anyoone can help me with this info, or even possibly the number of baptisms for those months, it would be appreciated.
    I'm new here, but would like to say that I'm not an apostate, and that i do favor their work. So expect me to post here in pro. Month 2000 Service Year 2001 year 2002 year 2003 year
    September 930244 937076 960451 971346
    October 933631 946064 962567 ?
    November 938724 949214 966528 ?
    December 941272 933531 968126
    January 941607 940318 963764
    February 940818 937185 961896
    March 952863 958804 994105
    April 988469 958589 975952
    May 928498 939078 976899
    June 922018 925216 960644
    July 935050 943556 969918
    August 986810 979637 1012201

One more thing. I do realize year averages are the most accurate and for that i also keep track of. I got year reports for most of the countries for some 15 years, but only mont-to-month for the US Mainland, which is the only territory I'm intersted of. If you notice, the number of publishers (and by the way in every catefory [e.g. hours, baptisms])are growing slowly again.

Edited by - Joker10 on 22 January 2003 17:24:25

• larc
    larc

Welcome, Joker. Regarding the statistics, I think it is better to look at yearly averages. Monthly figures and peak publishers are more volitile and less meaningful in understanding trends. If you want to see figures for the last 15 years, you can find them at Randy Watters' website, freeminds.org.

• larc
    larc

If you go to Randy's site, you will note, that the average growth rate over the last four years is about an even 2%. The world population growth is 1.25%, which means that the JWs are growing at the rate of less than 1% faster than the population. That's not much. From the double digit growth in the 1940's until the present day, the long term trend has been one of a steadily declining growth rate.

• Texas Apostate
    Texas Apostate

:I'm new here, but would like to say that I'm not an apostate, and that i do favor their work.

It's good to know that you are not an apostate ("Oh my ghod that is sure a bad label ). Let me be the first to call you an inconsiderate IDIOT. Do you even know what the BIBLICAL definition of an apostate is? What are you trying to prove with YOUR lame statistics (4 percent increase my ass)? And as far as favoring there work. I am glad that you favor a religion that:

1. Protects pedophiles

2. Breaks up families

3. Kills people in the name of Jehovar (NoBlood Transfussion)

4. Has a history of being a False Prophet

5. Lies to it's members.

"I am not an apostate" HA! You and your self rightness CULT religion can go to hell.

TA Proud to be a TEXAS APOSTATE according to the Watchtower Society.

• Valis
    Valis

Speaking of steady declines...I'm thinking that if all inactives, DFs and DAs were counted against any potential growth and then taken out of the numbers of active publishers I bet the number would be much less than that gets reported every year. Or do they count DAs and DFs in yearly totals? Its not very nice of them to leave out the yearly Apostate totals now is it?

SIncerely,

District Overbeer

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

DFs, DAs, and other assorted apostates do not show up in the numbers. In fact, even irregulars are out. The only persons who are counted as publishers are those who submitted a report for that month.

• Joker10
    Joker10

To Texas Apostate:

Im not a follower of the religion. But I am believer. Belive me, I have investigated those accusations myself. And if there's someone who is an idiot, it's you. You must be living in your own little world, I bet.

Edited by - Joker10 on 22 January 2003 17:33:9

• Undecided
    Undecided

I could care less what the numbers are for the JWs, Mormons, Fundementals or whatever, as I suspect God does also. He would be interested in only those who have a genuine love for one another and what is right. Numbers mean nothing, only the heart counts, what ever that is.

Ken P.

• Nowhere
    Nowhere

:If you notice, the number of publishers (and by the way in every catefory [e.g. hours, baptisms])are growing slowly again.

If you notice, you can't say that the numbers are growing, based on the reports for one year. It is satistically impossible to talk about a growth, when your data covers from one year to the other!

I can help you, if you give me the data from the yearly averages over a 20 years period, (or 10 or less if you don't have more.) then I will show you how to statistically noticing trends.

• somebody
    somebody

First of all, numbers and stastics do not impress God, or they could be powerful proof of blessings from God.... depending on when one asks.

Jan 15, 2001 Watchtower
    Of course, the number of those associated with Jehovah's Witnesses is not a criterion for determining if they enjoy divine favor;nor do statistics impress God.

May 15, 2001 Watchtower

Consult the current Yearbook of Jehovah's Witnesses, and note the lands now reporting from 100,000 to nearly 1,000,000 Kingdom publishers. This is powerful proof that the Kingdom-preaching work is being blessed by Jehovah.

And one more thing regarding publishers of the WBTS.

The Watchtower society has changed it's rules so that it can play with numbers. For example, there was a change not long ago regarding some kind of "15 minute" deal so that a publisher can carry over and count time that might not have been counted otherwise. I'll look for the change and try and get back to this. Also, the REQUIRED BY THE SOCIETY number of hours for the different ranks of pioneer publishers keeps getting lowered over the years, so that they won't make their numbers of pioneers go down. Therefore, they can make it easy to play with their stastics to suit their wim at any given time.

I don't trust any statistics printed by the WBTS anyway. If they can't keep track of 144,000...then how can they keep track of 6 million?

peace,

gwen

Edited by - somebody on 22 January 2003 18:26:50

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit