I NEED SOME HELP!

by UnDisfellowshipped 10 Replies latest jw friends

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Hello everyone!

I know it seems different to see me asking for help finding a Watchtower Quote, but I really need some help finding a couple of Quotes that are very important for something I (and others) are working on.

I have heard that either the February 1st Watchtower or the February 15th Watchtower has comments about the Media reporting child abuse in which the Watchtower basically says it is the Devil and
    false stories.

Please let me know if you can find a Quote like that.

Also can anyone give me the Quotes from the "Questions from Readers" on how a house wife should handle Christmas with an unbelieving husband, where it says she can buy gift and decorate
    a tree even prepare the Christmas meal.

THANKS!!!
    ______________________________________________________________________________________

Help, I need somebody
    Help, not just anybody
    Help, you know I need someone, help
    When I was younger so much younger than today
    I never needed anybody's help in many ways
    And now these days are gone
    I'm not so self assure
    Now I find I've changed my mind
    I've opened up the door
    Help me if you can I'm feeling down
    And I do apreciate you being round
    Help me get my feet back on the ground
    Won't you please, please ? Help me
    And now my life has changed in oh so many ways
    My independence seems to vanish in the hase
    But every now and then I feel so insecure
    I know that I just need you like
    I've never done before
    When I was younger so much younger than today
    I never needed anybody's help in many ways
    And now these days are gone
    I'm not so self assure
    Now I find I've changed my mind
    I've opened up the door
    Help me, help me, oh...

The Beatles

Edited by - UnDisfellowshipped on 22 January 2003 6:0:28

• Brummie
    Brummie
    where it says she can buy gift and decorate a tree even

I never once heard that as a JW! I did know that it was ok to cook turkey or whatever Christmas lunch an unbelieving mate wanted..."You can eat turkey on any day of the year so its not pagan to cook it on chritmas...yada yada

Will be interesting to see the quotes.

Brummie

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Undisfellowshipped.

I think I found the link you are referring to. It was started by dmouse last Saturday.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=44788&site=3

The Watchtower for March 1 2003. Study article Be Courageous and Strong!

Paragraph 6:

We also need courage when opposers maneuver the media into spreading bad reports about God's servants or when they try to restrict true worship by 'scheming trouble by decree' (Psalm 94:20) For example, how should we feel when newspapers, radio, or television reports about Jehovahs Witnesses are distortions or outright falsehoods? Should we be shocked? No. We expect such things. (Psalm 109:2) And we are not surprised when some believe the published lies and distortions, since 'anyone inexperienced puts faith in every word' (Proverbs 14:15) Still, loyal Christians refuse to believe just any statement made about their brothers, and they certainly do not allow bad publicity to cause them to miss Christian meetings, to slow down in the field ministry, or to waver in their faith. On the contrary, they 'recommend [themselves] as Gods ministers'...

Edited by - xjw_b12 on 22 January 2003 8:0:16

• ChakkaConned
  • kls
    kls

yes my husband is a jw and holidays i make turkeys, christmas i make ham , b-days i cook and bake for my kids or grand kids. my jw husband eats the turkey, ham, b-day cake but says he,s not celebrating it's just food.most jws are hypocrites they never do what they preach then make excuses why it;s ok. i looked up pagon rituals and found so many ,that every day life is full of pagonism.the days of the week,months ,years are all pagon, baptism is pagon annivsarys are pagan, wedding rings are pagan ritual, weddings ceremonies are pagon. i could go on and on , so why is christmas wrong, b- days wrong,thanksgiving wrong, oh ya their pagon. ps. also the phrase go luck is pagon.

• Gerard
    Gerard

Take a look at; http://www.jw-media.org/cgi-bin/lib/ProcessForm.pl

I hope it helps.

Gerry

• SpannerintheWorks
    SpannerintheWorks

Undis,

If you can't find some useful quotes here, I'm a GB member!

http://quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com/

Spanner

• Gerard
    Gerard

http://www.jw-media.org/releases/default.htm?content=/vnr/2122827332/716353.pdf

Transcript of Video News Release

J. R. Brown, Organizational Spokesman for Jehovah's Witnesses

Jehovah's Witnesses' Policy on Dealing With Child Abuse

Mr. Brumley: There are instances when a situation that should have been reported is not. Or

where care should have been extended and it was not. But to say that the policy is

not followed perfectly is a far cry from saying that there exists a policy to

affirmatively minimize, or hide, this problem. The policy that Jehovah's

Witnesses have on how to handle cases of child molestation is without equal in

the religious community.

Edited by - Gerard on 22 January 2003 12:48:47

• Gerard
    Gerard
    "People didn't have the body of knowledge 18 or 20 years ago to say that this is something that will harm your child emotionally, if you don't address it. Parents didn't know the seriousness ... and the long-term effects."

http://www.jw-media.org/vnr/2122827332/7172632856.htm

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When we speak of child abuse, we have to look at society as a whole. This has

become a burning issue in the last 20 or 30 years. And so society in general has

been, more or less, plagued with this problem. And all sorts of organizations and

agencies are grappling with how to best handle this.

This is their "but-everybody-is-doing-it" defense...

Edited by - Gerard on 22 January 2003 12:42:5

• Gerard
    Gerard

"The assertion has been made that Jehovah's Witnesses take no action when an allegation of child abuse comes to the attention of the elders unless the accusation is verified by two separate witnesses, and that's just simply not true."

http://www.jw-media.org/vnr/2122827332/8191632856.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit