Bethel Provides Excellent Clarification of "This Generation"

by berrygerry 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• elkatire1980
    elkatire1980
    Do you think that we can get a copy to the answer letter?
  • username
    username

You like the northern English accent then SecretSlaveClass? Lol. I bloody hate it I've lived in Scotland for fifteen years and I'm still trying to get rid of my northern English accent

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    I'm telling you guys; they actively want to get rid of anyone with half a brain.
  • EdenOne
    EdenOne

Priceless!

I'm going back, I'm utterly convinced now!

Wait ... no

Eden

• Half banana
    Half banana

This is concrete evidence that the WTBTS is not "Bible based", it is authority based.

JWs are a club for insiders only. To get the benefits of joining you don't have to know what it says in the Bible but you do have to learn and repeat these special passwords: "The governing body is the exclusive channel which Jehovah is using". If you can't bring yourself to say this, you cannot come to the party.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Half banana - "...the WTBTS is not 'Bible based', it is authority based."

Well, we haven't been calling it an "authoritarian high-control group" for nothing, after all. :wink:

• Half banana
    Half banana
    Quite right Vidiot... but just to be super picky, being authoritarian, that is a stickler for rules, is not quite the same as having authority or using authority alone as the basis for control. They could be authoritarian and Bible-based but here is evidence in the letter of reply from HQ that in the end as a JW, you just have to believe the Watchtower text without a Bible precedent. I reckon that is "authoritarianism" or a better word to describe the GB would be "autocratic".
  • tiki
    tiki
    Evidentifyingly.... They can't even give any logical reasons...and refuse to even try!!! Stupid.....stupid.....
  • _Morpheus
    _Morpheus
    I enjoyed the video and the presentation overall even though i knew how that movie was going to end from the start. Bethel won't ever say more than what is in print already. This teaching is stupid and will continue to be a thorn for them. Congrats on two more getting out ;)
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Stuckinarut said :

"show us the scriptures..... show us the scriptures"....

Jesus said

“Isaiah aptly prophesied about YOU hypocrites, as it is written, ‘This people honor me with [their] lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. 7 It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach as doctrines commands of men.’

Mark 7:6.7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit