X witness, Faithful Slave wants t o chat

by Robert E 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• Robert E
    Robert E

Thank you everyone for all the kind words and introductions. I see there are a few Canadians here, thats cool. I will get around to talking with all of you who would like to, in due time. I'm a bit busy at this time.

Please feel free to ask me questions if you are curious, that way it may help me to see where you guys are at and where you are coming from.

Thanks Robert

• Shakita
    Shakita

Welcome Robert.......

Post your story when you have the time. Wouldn't know what to ask you without knowing anything about you.

Mrs. Shakita

• borgfree
    borgfree

Hi Robert E, and welcome.

I am short on time right now too, I must get ready for work.

I have a couple of quick questions though.

Do you claim to be one of the anointed? I think someone already asked that one.

If you do, where is your loyalty? to an organization? or to The Lord, Jesus Christ?

Borgfree

Edited by - borgfree on 22 January 2003 11:52:52

• Angharad
    Angharad

Hi Robert

Welcome to the board

My father-in-law lives in Alberta, and we hope to move there too one day!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome fellow Albertan! I hope you find time to post once in a while. It would be cool (especially today) to get to know you better as well. You can also find out a lot about us by reading past threads.

Are you content in your xJWness, or do you have questions?

• Robert E
    Robert E

Hello again to everyone:

Boy its hard to know where to start. First off I was raised a JW from infancy and am now 48.

A couple of you have asked if I was one of the anointed. At the time I left the organization I did profess to have a heavenly hope. This is another whole story that would take a fair bit of time to regurgitate and redigest, but all good things in their time.

I guess the main reason I checked in here is that my father has made one of his once ever 7 or so year visits to try and get me to go back to the Hall. The poor man just cannot fathom the idea that a person could have a spiritual thought out side of the organization. He is lost with out his publications; the Bible is not enough, which is sad, as he has been with the JWs since the late 40s. I feel he has missed out on so much, we have given him 3 grand children and two great grand children, which he would not even recognize if they were to stand in front of him. He has missed out on so much joy and happiness, or at least that is how I few family life.

I left the organization entirely over doctrinal issues, having said that there was a whole lot of the other stuff going on. I left the organization in the early 80s but still feel somewhat tied because of family ties, maybe ties is not the right word I should of said family divisions.

I have been on a great spiritual journey over the past 20 or so years since my departure, never once have I regretted my decision.

Later Robert

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Welcome to the forum! I think we're having some of your incredibly cold air in Texas right now.

Nina

• Robert E
    Robert E

Nina

Thanks for the welcome, and you could be right, it's minus -35 C today up here. I bet you a bundle it's not that cold down there in texas.

Robert

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Robert! . . . Welcome to the forum! . . . another Canadian!

Saskatoon, here!

Email is open!

Esther

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Welcome to the forum

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit