Let me introduce myself...

by aarque 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    will never never never be a part of any organized religion

Me too. You reach a point where you just get burned out. Thanks for sharing your story. I hope it wasn't too hard. Frankly I don't know how many of those elders can look themselves in the mirror. If I had treated people this way, it would keep me awake at night. Anyway, thanks again and take care.

• Swan
    Swan

Oh my Aarque! What a story! Thank you for sharing and a big...

WELCOME!

Tammy

• email
    email

A FORMAL Welcome... (even though you've been here a LONG time) I enjoyed your posting and can relate to some of your personal experiences. My father was NOT a JW while we were growing up but he never was oposed. Still, you get a different treatment than others your age would if your father wass an elder of the congregation.

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Nice to meet you, Aarque! Thanks for the intro.

• YellowLab
    YellowLab

Welcome, Aarque! I enjoyed your posting.

I would think it's easier to fade away when you have other family members to fade away with. My entire immediate family, relatives, cousins, uncles, aunts, etc. all are JWs and have been for years. Some of them are elders and ministerial servants. I grew up with them my entire life, so shunning is a very scary prospect for me. Sometimes it's best to just disappear.

Hope to hear more from you!

YellowLab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit