Who here is Boricua?

by pr_capone 7 Replies latest jw friends

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Will all my Puerto Rican brothers and sisters please raise their hand and say what part they are from?

Aguadilla, PR

Eric of the Boricua Class

• Soledad
    Soledad

Im not boricua but I had always attended spanish congregations here in NY where eveyone is boricua.

• Jesika
    Jesika

I am only half PR, but my mom is full blooded (if there is such thing).

She was born in Puerto Rico, but I can't remember the name of the small town.

• manon
    manon

La isla de borinquen donde nacido yo.

Lajas, Puerto Rico In the house.

Manon

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

My wife is PR, does that count?

• Buster
    Buster

I used to live in Dorado - though my wife could pick me out of the crowd from one end of Isla Verde to the other. My adopted daughter is PR.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Jes - find out, I am interested to know

Manon - Yo tengo familia de Lajas! Luis Santana

Yer - Close enough!

Buster - Thats cool... how long have you been gone?

• Buster
    Buster

PR_Capone, check this out.

I don't know exactly what you mean by how long have I been out - out of the island, or out of the truth. So, what the heck, I'll be a sport and answer both: I left the dubbies as I went to college - late 70's and early 80's. I left the island about 10 years ago.

But listen, I don't know how old you are, but you may think this is neat: Remember Luis Vigoreaux? - the big television producer and game show host? Remember his wife, Lydia Echevarria the stage actress? Well if you do, you probably remember that Luis often had his daughters on his variety show and that for a couple years they had their own Sunday afternoon show. The daughters were named Glendaly and Vanessa.

Now for those not familliar with the tale: Luis Vigoreaux was kidnapped and murdered AND his wife was convicted of paying the contract killers. She was released on humanitarian grounds a few years ago (diabetes).

Anyway, I have mentioned my first wife on this forum a few times. Some may remember that she was the one that had found proof that there was a god: Barry Manilow was her proof. PR_Capone, Glenda was my first wife. We used to get around San Juan like celebs, club hopping and doing interviews. It was a fun period in my life.

For those who want to cry Bullsh!t, I have pictures from TeVe Guia (La Primera Revista de Puerto Rico) (even one cover photo).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit