The Curse of Philly

by DIM 11 Replies latest social physical

• DIM
    DIM

You have to be kidding me. The Eagles have looked terrible all day, and Donovan looks much worse this week than last week. I don't know why I get my hopes up w/ the Flyers, Sixers, Eagles, and Phillies.

• Funchback
    Funchback

Dag, DIM.

I know what you mean. Same crapola, different year.

McNabb looked horrible as did Andy's play calling.

Go Raiders.

• siegswife
    siegswife

I was with one of the people that cursed them tonight. He's a Green Bay fan. I saw with my own eyes that he threw hexes at them.

Or else they just SUCK and the individuals that make up the team couldn't stand up to the challenge. They needed to stop believing all the hocus pocus of averages and numbers and just act like they know. They didn't.

• jgnat
    jgnat

DIM, could you tell me what the stadium is gonna be called next year where the Eagles are playing? My honey is dying to know.. (I have no idea what this means. I am a sports illiterate)

• Funchback
    Funchback

jgnat...

The name of the new stadium is Lincoln Financial Field.

Lincoln Financial asked us Philly folks to not make any nicknames for the stadium. In true Philly fashion, we have already decided to call it 'The Link' (or 'The Linc').

• jgnat
    jgnat

Thanks! Hahahaha. Us Canadians are like that too. Promptly named our metal dollar a "loonie".

Now my honey wants to know if both the Eagles and the Phillies playing at "The Linc" next season? (I have no idea what this means, either).

He also wants to know if you are a big Flyers fan...

• DIM
    DIM

I'm a die hard Flyers, Sixers, and Eagles fans, but I found it very easy to forget about the Phillies once I moved out to Seattle...Safeco Field is an amazing field (hopefully what Philly is aspiring towards Funchback!) and once I saw Ichiro throw someone out at home from the outfield, i'm a Mariners fan!

I don't wanna second guess Reid, but man I was hoping for KOY once the 4th quarter rolled around - Donovan looked like how I thought he'd look last week!

• Funchback
    Funchback

jgnat-

The Phillies are building a seperate yet-to-be-named stadium across the street from 'The Link'. The Phillies will play this upcoming season at Veteran's Stadium and move to their new 'home' in the 2004 season. I'm not a huge fan of hockey but I do get into the Flyers once the playoffs roll around.

DIM-

The entire game I kept saying, 'Why is McNabb sitting in the pocket?', 'Why are his passes way off (especially kept throwing them at the Rceivers' feet)?', 'How come the Eagles aren't blitzing?', 'God, I HATE Al Harris!', 'Dammit! Run McNabb. Run!', and 'How the hell does a guy punt a ball for ONLY 6 yards?'

Dim (again)...

I went to the Sixers game on Friday and because they are building TWO stadiums (at the same friggin' time), I had to park in The Vets' lot. By the time I got into a parking space AND walked allllllllll the way from beyond the Vet TO the F.U. Center, I had missed the entire 1st quarter AND the first 7 minutes of the 2nd quarter. I was pissed.

Phillies. The Phillies have a chance to do what the Eagles couldn't: Close out the Vet with a championship (Thome, D. Bell, and Millwood).

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

Hey Philly fans, isn't it about time you gave Tampa Bay some credit here? Those guy played a whale of a game right on your turf and as a result they have a trophy and are going to the superbowl. Having said that, now that the Cowboys have new coach Bill, look out !!!!!!!!!

Edited by - shutterbug on 20 January 2003 8:20:27

• ashitaka
    ashitaka
    I don't wanna second guess Reid, but man I was hoping for KOY once the 4th quarter rolled around - Donovan looked like how I thought he'd look last week!

True. Reid made some bone-head calls, calling runs when they should have thrown on third and long. Donovan wasn't looking, and gave the Bucs two easy strips worked into fumbles. Our defense was asleep half the time, and our offense didn't do shit after that one touchdown by #22.

Oh well, we (Philly teams) frequently get to big games, but just can't deliver. Damnation.

GO RAIDERS!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit