I want my hair back!

by LovesDubs 6 Replies latest jw friends

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

...yep, the presiding overseer of our congregation when I was a mere study, said that when the new system is here, the first thing he wants Jehovah to do is give him his hair back! LOL! I thought, dang, is that the only reason you continue to do this garbage? For the outside chance that there really WILL be a paradise and you can assuage your vanity and get your male pattern baldness CURED??? It really made me stop and think about what people's motivations really were in this, Gods Organization. Whenever they would give a talk and say to us "envision yourself in that paradise" I never could do it. I used to figure I was just spiritually inept and undeserving of even THINKING about myself being there. Turns out my bullsh*t meter was redlining even then, but I wasnt tuned in to it yet. Did you guys buy into the Society's version of paradise? Did you mourn its loss? Frankly, since it will take 1000 years for any kind of "perfection" to occur...the thought of the first 500 years or so of "paradise" living with only JWs and under the direction of ELDERS...makes me wanna RUN and embrace the "world" they so hate. :)

• Prisca
    Prisca

Why would Jehovah want to take the poor guy's hair???

• nojw86
    nojw86

What a bunch of THEOCRAPTIC B.S. the thing I could envision was getting home and putting my comfies, yeeesh the B.S. we sat through and nodded our heads in amens, ....by the way Love Dubs thanks for your support. nojw

• Tina
    Tina

lol great thread here.
    Greeting loves Prisca,nojw
    How ya feeling Noj? Been thinking about you,good to see you up and about,hugs,Tina

• trevor
    trevor

LoveDubs,

Joining the Tower to earn back a full head of hair from God sounds
    like perfectly reasonable. I can't get God to return my calls so I am
    looking for another angle. I don't want my hair back -
    I want yours - it's in better condition. What do I have to join?

• Esmeralda
    Esmeralda

So...I guess if this guy ever discovers Rogaine he'll have no use for the WTS anymore?

I remember our bookstudy conductor saying the same exact thing. Give me a freaking break.

Great thread :)

Essie

The Four Agreements:
    Be Impeccable With Your Word
    Don't Take Anything Personally
    Don't Make Assumptions
    Always Do Your Best

• unanswered
    unanswered

jws usually envision the paradise in the most petty ways-living in rich people's houses after they are killed, petting the pretty lions, having their children not talk back to them, the list goes on and on. good point, loves, their idea of paradise scares the snot out of me as well.-nate

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit