Kelpie is Ok, Cant say the same for over 2500 ppl.

by kelpie 26 Replies latest jw friends

• kelpie
    kelpie

Well I have just lived through one of the worst weekends of my life. Something I never want to happen again.

Let see if I can tell this and make some sense.. (sorry emotions are still running high)

We found out we got a house in the North side of Canberra so saturday morning we spent moving furniture etc up there. On the way back from North side I turned on the radio to air the emerency siren being broad casted.

Well I tell you, when I heard that my surburb was on high alert, I nearly shit myself. (sorry simon). I had the 2 boys in the car and they were freaking out so I had to remain calm to keep calm. You could see the flames on the mountains heading our way.

I rang my partner as he was coming home in the ute and told him the situation. He didnt really believe me until he got home.

We spent the next 8 hours constantly wetting down our home. We lost power (and it still hasnt been restored).

But thank God we were lucky. Over all there have been over 400 homes lost and 4 deaths. My manager lost his home which is not good.

For those who still pray, pray for the 2500 people that doesnt have a roof over their heads. I just hope that they were all insured.

Thanks to everyone that sent me emails asking if we were ok. I havent heard how Barry is as he lives closer to the main fire hot spot. I will try and call him today and see if I can speak to him. I have been trying all weekend. I pray that he is fine.

Lots of love

Kelpie

• dottie
    dottie

((((((((((((((kelpie & Family))))))))))))))

I am glad to hear that you are ok.... keep us posted when you can

Dottie

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Kelpie,

Read about this in the Tallahassee paper this morning: "John Stanhope, chief minister of the Australian Capital Territory, called the fire 'perhaps one of the most appalling natural disasters Australia has ever suffered.' " Glad to know you came through it alright.

• kelpie
    kelpie

Barry is Ok.

Blissingorance, please let us know that you are safe..... I am worried for you..

Kelps

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I'm so sorry Kelpie. Hang in there. It'll get better. My thoughts and prayers are with you right now.

• Warrigal
    Warrigal

Hi Kelpie; I saw video clips of the devastation on TV. So very sorry to hear that you were in the midst of it all. Glad you and family are OK. With you all in spirit. Warrigal

• kelpie
    kelpie

bttt for Gizmo

• TruckerGB
    TruckerGB

I too am relieved that you and your family are ok,the pictures I have seen on the tv look awfull,I have been looking at a mousemat and wondering.

Take care,

Rich.

• ugg
    ugg

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( for everyone involved))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

• Prisca
    Prisca

Glad you are ok!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit