THANKS TO MY PARENTS AND JEHOVAH!

by militarywitness 26 Replies latest jw friends

• militarywitness
    militarywitness

Hello everybody! Wishing every single human being around the world, happiness, peace; physical, mental, and emotional health, and above all: love. I'm a twenty something years old male, born and raised in the organization. I disassociated myself a few years ago due to my disbelief regarding many things in the Bible. I'm bi-sexual, I like both men, and women, and part of my frustrations about the religion come from the denial and apathy towards gay people coming from the religion. I am thankful to my parents, and Jehovah for being raised as a Jehovah's Witness, because the morals and values, empathy, and wonderful manners that I learned, and became accustomed to while being a J.W., are simply priceless. I thank Jehovah for allowing me to have so much love, peace, rationalle, wisdom, and empathy im my life. Along with so many other beautiful qualities that He has vest upon me. I thank my parents for making me a man of honor, of love, and of respect. I just will never accept, nor allow anybody to try to change who I am. I'm a very rational, and respectful individual, and will always accept an advice, and words of wisdom; however, nobody can tell me that I can't feel the way I do about people of the same sex. I feel sexually attracted to men, and nobody, nor anything will ever change that. Because of the morals and values that I have learned to love, and appreciate, I have not had, nor will anytime soon, have sex with anybody, male or female, because the predicament that I have place myself in, is one of loneliness. I would like to be able to have a faithful, monogamous, loving relationship with a man, or a woman. Whomever I would fall in love with. But, unfortunately, because it's not permissible in my religion, I can't find anybody anywhere else with the qualities that I'm looking for in a person. And for such, I have destined myself to be lonely in what it pertains to love affairs. I won't go back to the religion, however, because I can not subject myself to a hostile, irrational, and closed-minded environment where people are not allowed to express their true feelings, not even in a respectful way. To all those people that have come forward with their feelings and have expossed the truth about themselves: 'Bravo Zulu' brothers and sisters. Never give up in what you want, and are in life. I'm not ready to reveal myself yet, out of respect for my parents, because they need to learn a lot more about the subject, but whenever I do, although painful, they will love me the same way, because I thank Jehovah for the wonderful parents that I was blessed to have. I am who I am, and God knows that in my heart there's only good for everybody, and hopes of freedom for all.
    Love always, J.W.

• Flip
    Flip
    …I thank Jehovah for allowing me to have so much love, peace, rationalle, wisdom, and empathy im my life.

Is that a generic “Jehovah” or a WTBTS sanctioned “Jehovah” you’re referring to?

Flip

• larc
    larc

militarywitness,

I would really like to have two wives, but since society doesn't permit that in our day and age, I will just have to settle for one. It seems to me that some day you will have to make a choice if you want a long term committment.

• claudia
    claudia

Larc, so will any single person, regardless of their sexual orientation. I being single and hetero will one day have to settle for only one (grrr). And a big welcome to you Militarywitness!

• Carmel
    Carmel

jeeze larc, how come so few? The Koran allows for four. You should consider the option. On the other hand, having supported ONE for thirty eight years, (not complaining mind you) I'm wondering why you're such a glutten for punishment! Or maybe you're just a slow learner. You might check with Waiting, she could fix you up!!!!

lol,,

carmel

• larc
    larc

Carmel,

You raise some valid points. Why not four? That would only work out if three of them were career women. After 38 years - why? It took me 34 years to figure out how to live with one, so maybe by now, two would be OK. Gutton for punishment? I think maybe I am a little masochistic.

• willy_think
    willy_think
    I can not subject myself to a hostile, irrational, and closed-minded environment where people are not allowed to express their true feelings, not even in a respectful way.

why would anyone?

the ideas and opinions expressed in this post do not necessiarly represent those of the WTB&TS inc. or any of it's subsidiary corporations.
  • JanH
    JanH

Dear MilitaryWitness,

I'm happy for you that you have found peace with yourself and your surroundings.
    One thing in your message confuses me. You first say:

I am thankful to my parents, and Jehovah for being raised as a Jehovah's Witness, because the morals and values, empathy, and wonderful manners that I learned, and became accustomed to while being a J.W., are simply priceless.

and then you say what I interpret as the opposite:
    I won't go back to the religion, however, because I can not subject myself to a hostile, irrational, and closed-minded environment where people are not allowed to express their true feelings, not even in a respectful way.

Exactly what "morals" and "values" have the Jehovah's Witness upbringing given you, that you value so much? Isn't it exactly this upbringing in others -- your peers -- that have made the "hostile, irrational, and closed-minded environment" you so much detest?

The JWs is a secterian movement that is hostile to its envirioment and its own roots. The common "protestant ethic" -- placing importance on a hard working, sober lifestyle and honesty -- is something JWs have inherited from the religious and social movements they have rejected. It is not at all reasonable to give the JWs any credit for objecting to theft, because everybody else does, too. And nothing indicates individual JWs are more protected against adultery, drug abuse, theft, fraud, violence, etc, within its ranks than anyone else. The number of JWs in prison seems to indicate the opposite.

- Jan
    --
    "Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate." - Occam

• thinkers wife
    thinkers wife

Welcome to the board Military, and thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings. Hope to hear more from you!!
    TW

• Englishman
    Englishman

Larc,

Indeed, why not have more than 4 wives? The answer is, of course, that it would be totally impossible to keep up with them, as women, unlike us chaps, are able to think of more than one thing at once.

Ye gods, I have to turn off the car radio just to read a map!

The other point is that the lady that I've been married to for the last 27 years refuses point-blank to walk 3 paces behind me while carrying a pot on her head. I couldn't handle 3 more wives like that.

Englishman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit