Most Confusing Books to Understand

by JH 19 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

What book did you find the hardest to understand at the book study? We studied the book "Revelation its Grand Climax at Hand!" three times at the book study, and I found it very confusing each time.

I couldn't believe that you had to understand this to be saved.

What book did you find the most confusing in all of the watchtower's books?

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

How about the old Babylon the Great has fallen, God's Kingdom rules?

you want to talk about dry, boring, pedagoguery............sheesh.

Look it up sometime.

• minimus
    minimus

EVERYONE ONE OF THE PROPHECY BOOKS

• blondie
    blondie

Having studied everything from the Your Will Be Done to now, I vote for the Babylon the Great Has Fallen Book. If I had been alive then, I would vote for the Finished Mystery book Volume 7.

My favorite book is the Greatest Man book. I think the WTS should just make that the permanent book study book. It is the closest thing a JW gets to really studying the Bible and actually learning how to be Christlike.

Blondie

• Undecided
    Undecided

I was the book study conductor when we studied the Babylon The Great book. I loved it so well, and understood it so well that today I can't remember one single thought in the whole book.

Ken P.

• larc
    larc

Twice now, I have read Revelation all the way through. I don't think it can be understood. I think the author was either a looney or on drugs.

• TR
    TR

God, it's so stinking obvious to me now that the WTS indoctrinates people to man made ideas about "God" with their books. They're all a bunch of nonsensical crap, not to be understood by anyone with a shred of common sense. If you can "understand" a WTS book, then you're hopeless.

TR

• Mary
    Mary

The Revelation book wasn't hard to understand: the whole thing was bullshit and I'm sure the writers were on LSD when they came up with their distinct "interpretations" for this book.

However, the most confusing book would have to be "Babylon the Great Has Fallen - God's Kingdom Rules". I'm sure that not even Jesus or Jehovah understood what the hell the book was supposed to be about.

I've got 3 of Brother Russell's books from the late 1800's. Now THAT'S confusing! Really weird stuff about the pyramids other stuff that I haven't a clue what he's talking about.

• Buster
    Buster

It seems like "Babylon the Great Has Fallen ..." gets quite a few votes. Count me in. I've been reading it - exactly because I found it so confusing when I was a dubbie. It is loaded with irrelevant history (like may dad is fond of saying: "If you can't dazzle 'em with experience, baffle 'em with bullsh1t."). But I particularly enjoy finding the deceptive parts where they (Freddie Franz I believe) state some connection to prophecy - but he states it loosely, and the reader is supposed to make the inferrence. I think that ploy is used to set the stage for the 'we never exactly said that' excuse.

I remember the JWs all impressed with their leadership and their capacity to develop such deep materials.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

JH, It is the NWT, Christian Greek Scriptures side by side with the two Kingdom Interlinear's 1969 and 1985, words and verses have been changed to fit a doctrine and or teaching.JH,I know that you are already aware of this .I don't want to get into all the different examples ,but, there are many verses that those with a critical eye can see how the Society confuses the reader. Blueblades

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit