Prayer to Jesus Christ?

by UnDisfellowshipped 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• SwedishChef
    SwedishChef

I would not pray to anyone but God, but praise Jesus Christ's holy name, for God He is.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

A Big Thanks to everyone for the great comments!

Thanks SwedishChef for those very good and informative Scriptures!

I too would never, ever pray to anyone who is not God Almighty, and that is why I pray to Jesus Christ and also the Father.

Brummie said:

I was a fan of the Revelation...grand climax book (shame!), Its packed away up my loft now but I am sure it ended the last page with a prayer to Christ. Go have a look if you have it handy. I remember thinking "huh?" ..thats pagan. Perhaps someone can quote the last paragraph to me here, saves me facing the cobwebs.

I just noticed that in the "Grand Climax" Book a few of weeks ago, and I was very surprised the Watchtower Society put that in there.

I don't have the "Grand Climax" Book handy, but I will post the Scripture (the second-to-last last Scripture in the Bible), in which the Apostle John prays to Jesus Christ!

Revelation 22:20: ...Amen! Yes, come, Lord Jesus.

Like I always say now, why shouldnt I talk to him [Jesus]? after all, HE isnt disfellowshipped is he?

Actually, I think the Watchtower did Disfellowship Jesus about 100 years ago. (wait, more like 130 years ago)

Yes, I had the same experience -- I was afraid at first to pray to Jesus Christ, because the Watchtower forbids all JW's from praying to Jesus Christ (SHAME ON YOU GOVERNING BODY!!!).

I have felt so much more love and peace since I started praying to Jesus Christ and the Father!

kes152 said:

Just so you are not mislead, Jesus came to his disciples and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on the earth has been given to me." (Matthew 28:18).

Before our Lord was glorified by the Father, only the Father had "all authority" in heaven and on earth. Hence, only the Father had the authority to hear prayers, answer prayers, receive worship, receive the spirits of men when they died, etc. When our Father glorified the Son and gave ALL things into his hands including all authority in heaven, prayers, worship, the spirits of men, etc. all went to him (John 13:3). The Son was even granted to sit on the throne of the Father and receive all things that the Father received (Hebrews 1:8).

In the beginning, no prayers went to Christ because he did not have the authority to receive prayers. Now that He is King of those who rule as kings and Lord over those who rule as lords, He has the authority to be glorifed as such, both by men and by God.

Peace to you,

Peace to you also Aaron!

Thanks for your comments, however, I personally believe differently, based on what I have read in the Scriptures.

John 17:4: I glorified You on the Earth...
    John 17:5: Now, Father, glorify Me with Your own Self with the glory which I had with You before the world existed.

First of all, what kind of created being can say to the Father "I have glorified You -- now You glorify Me"?

Not only that, but Jesus says "Glorify Me with the glory I had with You before the world existed"!

So, I believe that when Jesus said "All authority has been given to Me", it meant that all authority has been restored to Jesus.

I will try to comment more on this soon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit